Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by navymech View Post

Ya I haven’t heard anything and I have talked to them a few times about it. I got bumped up to vband after the application process and I’m not sure if that some how screwed up my application or what. I am going to call this week and annoy them some more.

who exactly are you calling? I finished backgrounds back in february and though I have a very clean background, I had “resigned en leu of termination” from another department due to an injury in the academy. Apparently because I checked “yes” on that, my BI said it’s going to sit with HR and will be awhile until I hear anything. But if I could just speak to the right person in HR it would be pretty great to clear some things up.. like if I was DQ’d or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by homewardbound View Post

who exactly are you calling? I finished backgrounds back in february and though I have a very clean background, I had “resigned en leu of termination” from another department due to an injury in the academy. Apparently because I checked “yes” on that, my BI said it’s going to sit with HR and will be awhile until I hear anything. But if I could just speak to the right person in HR it would be pretty great to clear some things up.. like if I was DQ’d or not.
      So they asked if you’ve ever been terminated from a past job? What was the actual question on the form?

Comment

• I’ve only done a couple of background packets, but yeah they usually ask if you’ve ever been fired from a job..and you have to explain. And just as he said they ask if you’ve ever resigned instead of being fired. And you have to explain.

Comment

Seems like their background is pretty strict if something this simple is having to “sit with HR.” Unless this is standard for all backgrounds, I’ve never been through one.

Comment

Honestly I’m just calling the testing people. It is important that you understand this because I didn’t at first. The people actually passing you on after interviews are not firefighters. It is a branch of the hiring process that is strictly hr. It’s not a captain or chief combing through a thousand videos. It is an hr representative saying yay or nay. Also when you call the testing people they will not forward you to the next step which is hr. The only person that you have to contact is the testing people or whoever you have been dealing with. Because it is a government job, if you feel that you have been looked over or prejudiced against you can appeal the decision made to put your application on hold. It is an actual bylaw written into la county’s application process where you can essentially get a second look at your application and explain yourself.

Comment

• What’s the phone number for the testing people?

thanks for the info man.

and to those who asked, the question “have you ever resigned en leui of termination” is pretty standard. It’s weird because initially my BI said it wasn’t a big deal, and I’m currently a firefighter at another department...

Comment

• And yes i do understand that it is HR who has the final say which is why I’m so frustrated

Comment

And yes i do understand that it is HR who has the final say which is why I’m so frustrated
                  When I was first told that I was like “wait, say that again?” I feel ya man. The number is (323) 838-2239. They are working strange hours I guess but every time I call they answer.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone who has their digital interview today!

Comment

• Originally posted by CAFF View Post
                      Good luck to everyone who has their digital interview today!
                      How do you feel about it?

Comment

• truckman81 felt good about it but also felt rushed. Only time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by CAFF View Post
                          truckman81 felt good about it but also felt rushed. Only time will tell.
                          That’s what some of my buddies been saying too.

Comment

• truckman81 ya we’ll see what happens. Just hoping to hear something back sooner than later

Comment

• Has anyone here completed their medical?

As soon as I finished typing this message I received my official offer of employment letter for class 157.
                              Last edited by ArmyDrill; 04-09-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyDrill View Post
                                Has anyone here completed their medical?

As soon as I finished typing this message I received my official offer of employment letter for class 157.
                                Congrats! When is 157 slated to start?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X