Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dgogs31
    replied
    Originally posted by FireDawg924 View Post
    Did the poor little boy get his feelings hurt because he has not received a job offer. I can honestly see why. CHECK YOUR ATTITUDE at the door. If you read my whole post I said take it for what it’s worth. The smart people here know that things change especially with this county. With the second spike in Covid I’m sure their plans have changed. From now on I will not post no information that I have heard, so people like this will not get butt hurt.

what medic school are you currently attending?

Leave a comment:

• green108
    replied
    Originally posted by FireDawg924 View Post
    Did the poor little boy get his feelings hurt because he has not received a job offer. I can honestly see why. CHECK YOUR ATTITUDE at the door. If you read my whole post I said take it for what it’s worth. The smart people here know that things change especially with this county. With the second spike in Covid I’m sure their plans have changed. From now on I will not post no information that I have heard, so people like this will not get butt hurt.
    Dude, you have one short fuse...
    This is the second time you’ve had an outburst after someone has called you out. You’re not a full time LA County firefighter, you’re in paramedic school and not even in this hiring process. Why don’t YOU check your attitude at the door, or just leave and don’t let the door hit you on the way out? On second thought, maybe you should just leave before one of the chiefs lurking on this forum finds out who you are.
    Last edited by green108; 07-28-2020, 03:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FireDawg924
    replied
    Originally posted by dadvan View Post

Is this the same jokster who’s aunt is in hiring and told everyone on this forum.. “check your emails for cjo this week”
    Pffff WEAK!

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied
    Originally posted by Jman119 View Post
    Has anyone in Band 1 completed backgrounds?
    I am vband and I honestly don’t know if I’m even done. I haven’t heard anything from my BI

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied
    Originally posted by homewardbound View Post

The physicals are contracted out to different clinics all over the county and they just randomly schedule you. With the current state of covid in the county, i wouldn’t be surprised if they’re in no rush to schedule them.
    Do you receive notification by email or do they call?

Leave a comment:

• Jman119
    replied
    Has anyone in Band 1 completed backgrounds?

Leave a comment:

• homewardbound
    replied
    Originally posted by navymech View Post
    Has anyone in backgrounds heard anything about scheduling medical?
    The physicals are contracted out to different clinics all over the county and they just randomly schedule you. With the current state of covid in the county, i wouldn’t be surprised if they’re in no rush to schedule them.

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied
    Has anyone in backgrounds heard anything about scheduling medical?

Leave a comment:

• AIQ
    replied

Didn’t see anything about a start date (maybe I just missed it) But I’m assuming it just recently started. I guess that means they aren’t having a hiring freeze or layoffs then?? Thanks
    I didn’t see a start date either but I think they were slated to start end of June..not sure if that happened tho.

Leave a comment:

• Jman119
    replied
    Didn’t see anything about a start date (maybe I just missed it) But I’m assuming it just recently started. I guess that means they aren’t having a hiring freeze or layoffs then?? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied

When did 158 start?
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...11690575520907

Leave a comment:

• Jman119
    replied
    Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
    157 set to graduate pretty soon and 158 in full swing at Del Valle.
    When did 158 start?

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    157 set to graduate pretty soon and 158 in full swing at Del Valle.

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by AIQ View Post
    That’s what I was saying to my buddy...I know they’re down significantly that’s why I posted it here to see if there was any truth to it.. he said his friend recently graduated the academy as well. Thanks for the info guys! Hopefully the hiring continues!
    Yeah if they need/want to hire 600 or whatever number it is, I can't see how they could remotely afford to layoff 200 FF's.

Leave a comment:

• AIQ
    replied
    That’s what I was saying to my buddy...I know they’re down significantly that’s why I posted it here to see if there was any truth to it.. he said his friend recently graduated the academy as well. Thanks for the info guys! Hopefully the hiring continues!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X