Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are y'all thoughts on looking for a new job while being in this process? i'm a v bander with no cjo (did my interview early feb) and got recently laid off due to this pandemic. my concern is having to put in my resignation as a new hire if that cjo ever comes which could be sooner than later. i'm not even sure if i'll be getting unemployment benefits because of the massive amounts of people that applied.

Comment

• Never stop the hunt until you get the job you want. I’m assuming you didn’t work in ems since you got laid off which sucks. Sorry to hear that. But with all this going on working on a ambulance is the easiest and most reliable. there’s tons of IFT companies in the LA area that are always hiring. And multiple 911 ambulance companies as well. The pay isn’t fantastic but better than what you would get in unemployment.

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post
        Man 6 weeks is a lot longer than I thought it would take..crazy
        Thats the standard generic timeline that they give.

Comment

• Originally posted by sagesensei View Post
          what are y'all thoughts on looking for a new job while being in this process? i'm a v bander with no cjo (did my interview early feb) and got recently laid off due to this pandemic. my concern is having to put in my resignation as a new hire if that cjo ever comes which could be sooner than later. i'm not even sure if i'll be getting unemployment benefits because of the massive amounts of people that applied.

I second what AIQ said. Keep looking for a way to pay the bills but also find a job that you wouldn’t mind doing as a back up career that way you aren’t hating life waiting for the grass to be greener. I got out and rolled right into a private fire academy and was about to be hired by a backup job then...we’ll you know what then was haha. I’m right there with you.

Comment

Oh yeah maybe you just got mixed up with everyone else, haha and I would be doing the exact same thing good luck man!
            Fingers crossed it’s not “oh nobody told you ya we went someone else” haha

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post

Honestly I feel like with people still waiting to hear results from interviews it’s going to be awhile before we hear anything in terms of moving on to the next step.
              just my opinion, but i don't think it'll be long until the next wave of CJO's come out. Probably hear something by may or June if you are selected. If they're putting academies through during a global pandemic then that means they are obviously really hurting for people. If you're in v-band and haven't heard anything yet it's just because you weren't among those selected for the next tower, or you literally weren't selected at all and haven't been told. A lot of departments won't even tell you if you weren't selected. All you can do is be patient and wait it out. You'll hear something soon.

Comment

• 4 more classes this year and 6 next year, is the rumor.

Comment

• Also heard 4 more this year; 2 in June and 2 in September. Will be filled from those on FF/Trainee list.

Comment

• If they do the 2 June academy’s still they would have to be made up entirely of v-band..which is possible. Us in band 1 would hopefully have a shot at September.
                    no way they would be able to get band 1 through background and medical before June.

Comment

If they do the 2 June academy’s still they would have to be made up entirely of v-band..which is possible. Us in band 1 would hopefully have a shot at September.
                      no way they would be able to get band 1 through background and medical before June.
                      Not sure how it works, but if band 1 gets a CJO, they could get us in next year still, correct? Even if it is over a year since our test?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

Not sure how it works, but if band 1 gets a CJO, they could get us in next year still, correct? Even if it is over a year since our test?
                        Yes. I know of a guy who got a CJO on their last test and it took 3 years until he got in the academy. The “year” that you’re talking about is the cut off time to actually receive the CJO. If you don’t get a CJO by October 3rd I believe the date is, then there’s a good chance you didn’t make it. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

If they do the 2 June academy’s still they would have to be made up entirely of v-band..which is possible. Us in band 1 would hopefully have a shot at September.
                          There is no way they could process band 1 people fast enough for June, especially if interviews go until June. More than likely band 1 is on track for September. June is only 2 months away and they still would have to do backgrounds and medicals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

There is no way they could process band 1 people fast enough for June, especially if interviews go until June. More than likely band 1 is on track for September. June is only 2 months away and they still would have to do backgrounds and medicals.
                            I spoke with a retired bc for la county and he said that the date of oct is going to get pushed back.

Comment

• Don't think any towers will be pushed back
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayberry28 View Post
                                Don't think any towers will be pushed back
                                Where was this posted?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse