Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mayberry28 View Post
    Hey guys. Band 1 here. Took my interview April 1st. Personally I thought it was pretty standard. Obviously being a digital selection interview was weird. But pretty simple. Background is associates in fire tech. Worked as an EMT for 4 years. Current position has nothing to do with fire or ems. Word from some pretty reliable sources is they plan on having three towers at the same time later this year and also in 2021. One in East LA, one in pomona, one in del valle. Supposedly they already have the funding for it. Supposed to hire 600 or so in two years. But like many others have said, they're basically rumors till it happens. If the virus is still around for the trainee towers then the towers will be 8 weeks and the recruits are going to be sequestered there Monday through Saturday. Only Sundays are off and can go see immediate family. The current tower is 6 weeks and it a medic tower. I have a buddy currently going through it.
    8 weeks? So would that mean they would probably only pick those with experience or an academy under their belt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
      8 weeks? So would that mean they would probably only pick those with experience or an academy under their belt?
      Negative. It's 8 weeks cuz you're there 6 days. And I believe since EMT was required just to apply, they cut out the EMT portion of the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayberry28 View Post

Negative. It's 8 weeks cuz you're there 6 days. And I believe since EMT was required just to apply, they cut out the EMT portion of the academy.
        Gotcha. Cause even LAFD is 20 weeks and they shaved a month off their most recent class.

Comment

• Thank you all for sharing your information. As we all know it’s all a rumor until you get a letter but it’s good cause I have nothing better to do being quarantine. Hope everyone is staying safe out there!

My info: good source tells me they will continue the June and Sept classes to fill the vacancies. As to who gets selected? Who knows?

does anyone know the amount of people per group interview?

Comment

• How would they go about running backgrounds and physicals in all of this?

Comment

• no clue on the number of people in each group..I’m in group 2 and I knew 2 other people in group 2 as well..I would assume at least 100 if not more.

and with backgrounds they definitely can’t have the orientation. So I guess you would be contacted by a investigator, and set up a meeting and go from there. Same with medical. And you would obviously be screened prior to entering or making contact with anyone

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post
                no clue on the number of people in each group..I’m in group 2 and I knew 2 other people in group 2 as well..I would assume at least 100 if not more.

and with backgrounds they definitely can’t have the orientation. So I guess you would be contacted by a investigator, and set up a meeting and go from there. Same with medical. And you would obviously be screened prior to entering or making contact with anyone
                Honestly I feel like with people still waiting to hear results from interviews it’s going to be awhile before we hear anything in terms of moving on to the next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post

Honestly I feel like with people still waiting to hear results from interviews it’s going to be awhile before we hear anything in terms of moving on to the next step.
                  True, I was gonna ask if you had heard anything. You interviewed in January correct?
                  I have buddies who interviews for the medic process..they aren’t ff and they never heard anything after their interviews. Pretty sure they expired off that list by now tho

Comment

True, I was gonna ask if you had heard anything. You interviewed in January correct?
                    I have buddies who interviews for the medic process..they aren’t ff and they never heard anything after their interviews. Pretty sure they expired off that list by now tho
                    Ya I haven’t heard anything and I have talked to them a few times about it. I got bumped up to vband after the application process and I’m not sure if that some how screwed up my application or what. I am going to call this week and annoy them some more.

Comment

Ya I haven’t heard anything and I have talked to them a few times about it. I got bumped up to vband after the application process and I’m not sure if that some how screwed up my application or what. I am going to call this week and annoy them some more.
                      Yeah I had my medical appointment on the MAR 16, the day that all of these shutdowns and shelter in place orders started happening. When I talked to the medical staff they said that they were still going to process the Fire Trainee medical appointments as scheduled. I e-mailed the fire-background e-mail address asking if any of the hiring process or scheduled towers would be affected by this pandemic but they never replied.

Comment

Oh yeah maybe you just got mixed up with everyone else, haha and I would be doing the exact same thing good luck man!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyDrill View Post

Yeah I had my medical appointment on the MAR 16, the day that all of these shutdowns and shelter in place orders started happening. When I talked to the medical staff they said that they were still going to process the Fire Trainee medical appointments as scheduled. I e-mailed the fire-background e-mail address asking if any of the hiring process or scheduled towers would be affected by this pandemic but they never replied.
                          Some good news there, I’m sure if there is a June academy it’s going to be all v-band. I just didn’t see how they would get any of us from band 1 ready for a June academy. Even the guys who were in group 1. It’s been 3 weeks and still you still haven’t got anything about if you passed the medial or not?

Comment

Some good news there, I’m sure if there is a June academy it’s going to be all v-band. I just didn’t see how they would get any of us from band 1 ready for a June academy. Even the guys who were in group 1. It’s been 3 weeks and still you still haven’t got anything about if you passed the medial or not?
                            They said it could take up to 6 weeks because they have to get lab results, then goes from the clinic over to OHP and they do their thing and then finally to HR. Im hoping I hear back within the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyDrill View Post

They said it could take up to 6 weeks because they have to get lab results, then goes from the clinic over to OHP and they do their thing and then finally to HR. Im hoping I hear back within the next couple of weeks.
                              I would imagine that the turnaround time for lab samples right now would be quick because there shouldn't be too much else going on right now. Unless they are running COVID-19 samples, of course.

Comment

• Man 6 weeks is a lot longer than I thought it would take..crazy

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X