• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Their current academy is only 6 weeks long

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman119 View Post
      Their current academy is only 6 weeks long
      Did they say If it was due to the virus or just to get people through?
      didnt some v banders make it into that academy? They must have been ff already

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post

Did they say If it was due to the virus or just to get people through?
        didnt some v banders make it into that academy? They must have been ff already
        Yes, it’s because of the virus. And I’m pretty sure this is not a lateral academy. Guys with no experience at all getting trained up in 6 weeks lol

Comment

• I thought this academy was from the ff/pm list..they just couldn’t fill it so they used some of v-band to fill the remaining spots.. but either way that nuts lol..I heard there was issues with the first ff/pm class that’s why the changed it from shortened to the full 16/17 weeks for the following class haha

Comment

• Hey guys. Band 1 here. Took my interview April 1st. Personally I thought it was pretty standard. Obviously being a digital selection interview was weird. But pretty simple. Background is associates in fire tech. Worked as an EMT for 4 years. Current position has nothing to do with fire or ems. Word from some pretty reliable sources is they plan on having three towers at the same time later this year and also in 2021. One in East LA, one in pomona, one in del valle. Supposedly they already have the funding for it. Supposed to hire 600 or so in two years. But like many others have said, they're basically rumors till it happens. If the virus is still around for the trainee towers then the towers will be 8 weeks and the recruits are going to be sequestered there Monday through Saturday. Only Sundays are off and can go see immediate family. The current tower is 6 weeks and it a medic tower. I have a buddy currently going through it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayberry28 View Post
              Hey guys. Band 1 here. Took my interview April 1st. Personally I thought it was pretty standard. Obviously being a digital selection interview was weird. But pretty simple. Background is associates in fire tech. Worked as an EMT for 4 years. Current position has nothing to do with fire or ems. Word from some pretty reliable sources is they plan on having three towers at the same time later this year and also in 2021. One in East LA, one in pomona, one in del valle. Supposedly they already have the funding for it. Supposed to hire 600 or so in two years. But like many others have said, they're basically rumors till it happens. If the virus is still around for the trainee towers then the towers will be 8 weeks and the recruits are going to be sequestered there Monday through Saturday. Only Sundays are off and can go see immediate family. The current tower is 6 weeks and it a medic tower. I have a buddy currently going through it.
              Welcome my friend! And thanks for the info!
              that’s pretty crazy they are cutting the towers in half..it’s good to know the hiring will continue even with all this going on. Since you have a buddy going through it right now, and they’re being sequestered..any insight on what that’s like? Like food, hygiene, you know basic necessities?
              and good luck!

Comment

• Haven't talked to him since he started. But I believe there were hotels that were contracted out and the recruits stay there. So I'm sure all the basics are provided.

Comment

Haven't talked to him since he started. But I believe there were hotels that were contracted out and the recruits stay there. So I'm sure all the basics are provided.
                  Forsure thanks again!
                  im sure it’ll take some time but I am constantly checking my email lol

Comment

Hey guys. Band 1 here. Took my interview April 1st. Personally I thought it was pretty standard. Obviously being a digital selection interview was weird. But pretty simple. Background is associates in fire tech. Worked as an EMT for 4 years. Current position has nothing to do with fire or ems. Word from some pretty reliable sources is they plan on having three towers at the same time later this year and also in 2021. One in East LA, one in pomona, one in del valle. Supposedly they already have the funding for it. Supposed to hire 600 or so in two years. But like many others have said, they're basically rumors till it happens. If the virus is still around for the trainee towers then the towers will be 8 weeks and the recruits are going to be sequestered there Monday through Saturday. Only Sundays are off and can go see immediate family. The current tower is 6 weeks and it a medic tower. I have a buddy currently going through it.
                    Thanks for the info. That is great

Comment

Are you sure it’s medic only? I thought there were V band guys in there as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dajoncurtis View Post

Are you sure it’s medic only? I thought there were V band guys in there as well.
                        Not sure about it being full medic. Wouldn't be surprised if there's some v banders.

Comment

I just know the intent was a medic class

Comment

There are some v banders from the first wave of v band cjo’s.

Comment

Thanks for the info! County usually has about 48 per academy? Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

Thanks for the info! County usually has about 48 per academy? Right?
                                Yup. Usually

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X