No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They told the recruits in the current academy that they’re not going home until they graduate. County is sequestering them to prevent them getting sick

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman119 View Post
      Could be entirely wrong here, but I think each interview group is a potential academy. Each group probably has about 100 people and they’ll probably pick around 50-60. This is probably incorrect, but it seems to make the most sense given how the interviews are so spread out.
      Any word on how many people were interviewed per group?

Comment

• Originally posted by EB1980 View Post
        Well that was an interesting interview
        yeah it was different forsure. But I felt pretty good about it. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubbalicious View Post
          They told the recruits in the current academy that they’re not going home until they graduate. County is sequestering them to prevent them getting sick
          Hahahah what!? So they have a live in academy? I mean it makes sense

Comment

• Heard a rumor that they split the academy up into 2 groups and have them at 2 different sites

Comment

• Originally posted by Dgogs31 View Post
              When’s the next round of interviews?

Definitely a unique interview.
              Next week. Have buddy who interviews on the 9th.

Comment

• Originally posted by EB1980 View Post

The format, the questions and the time limits. Once you do it, makes sense as to why it’s not weighted or scored.
                Has to be scored to some degree, right? Because it’s pass or fail

Comment

• Spoke with someone at county hr about the job. They said it’s a temporary fill for what is going on. I imagine that with other departments having to send home exposed firefighters they are having to do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

There are 2 kinds. Not sure if FD would take the quicker one. I got PRK which takes a month to heal from, still kinda blurry at that point but 20/10 vision on a test. The quick one can get “dislodged” with head contact.
                    Wrt those interested in surgery to correct your vision, there's LASIK and PRK.

For LASIK, think of your cornea like the layers of your skin. The flap is made on the thin, quick healing "epidermis" of the cornea. The incision to change how the cornea refracts light is made on the "dermis", or the thick part of your cornea. Rates of infection are said to average 1:5,000. Today, the incision is made with such a fine laser, eye docs often won't notice you've had LASIK unless you mention it to them.

For PRK, there is no flap created, instead the surgeon makes cuts on the outer "epidermis" like part of the cornea so that the light refracts differently. Rates of infection are said to average 1:1,000. With both surgeries you'll receive antibiotic eye drops.

"Why not continue to wear contacts?" B/c rates of infection due to placing a foreign object into your eye on the daily are much higher than either surgery!

Wrt the flap becoming dislodged, this has been disproven. If one was to get hit in the eye hard enough to complicate your LASIK surgery, someone without the surgery would also have equal cornea problems from such a scenario.

I could not agree more that it's the best money I've ever spent. Lastly, I'd recommend going with the best doctor you can find within a reasonable distance of where you reside.

Comment

• Originally posted by tigols333 View Post

Wrt those interested in surgery to correct your vision, there's LASIK and PRK.

For LASIK, think of your cornea like the layers of your skin. The flap is made on the thin, quick healing "epidermis" of the cornea. The incision to change how the cornea refracts light is made on the "dermis", or the thick part of your cornea. Rates of infection are said to average 1:5,000. Today, the incision is made with such a fine laser, eye docs often won't notice you've had LASIK unless you mention it to them.

For PRK, there is no flap created, instead the surgeon makes cuts on the outer "epidermis" like part of the cornea so that the light refracts differently. Rates of infection are said to average 1:1,000. With both surgeries you'll receive antibiotic eye drops.

"Why not continue to wear contacts?" B/c rates of infection due to placing a foreign object into your eye on the daily are much higher than either surgery!

Wrt the flap becoming dislodged, this has been disproven. If one was to get hit in the eye hard enough to complicate your LASIK surgery, someone without the surgery would also have equal cornea problems from such a scenario.

I could not agree more that it's the best money I've ever spent. Lastly, I'd recommend going with the best doctor you can find within a reasonable distance of where you reside.
                      Thanks for the follow up.

Comment

• Between the mock and actual interview, were the questions relatively the same? Anyone rock the blazer boxers combo...asking for a friend?
                        Last edited by t.blumenf; 04-02-2020, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Haha was thinking the same thing haha...

Comment

• Originally posted by t.blumenf View Post
                            Between the mock and actual interview, were the questions relatively the same? Anyone rock the blazer boxers combo...asking for a friend?
                            I was in short for sure. Felt comfortable.

Comment

• Anyone see the video on La county ig about the 6 week academy

Comment

• Originally posted by Dajoncurtis View Post
                                Anyone see the video on La county ig about the 6 week academy
                                Negative don’t have a ig..what did they say?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X