No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expect some delays in hearing anything. LACoFD administration office is closed until further notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dgogs31 View Post
      Expect some delays in hearing anything. LACoFD administration office is closed until further notice.
      I believe the buildings are only closed off to the public. Business will still be conducted while the buildings are closed off.

Comment

• Good thing all the interviews are from home lmao

Comment

• I know that OCFAis continuing with the biddle but does anyone know if la county academies are going on still?

edit: ocfa is postponing biddles.
          Last edited by navymech; 03-18-2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post
            I know that OCFAis continuing with the biddle but does anyone know if la county academies are going on still?

edit: ocfa is postponing biddles.
            All March biddles canceled. April still a go (so far).

Comment

• I think with all this going on the need for firefighters is going to increase. Call volume is going to go up if it hasn’t already. Luckily the interview is from home..the only issue would be background orientation but they can easily just have people meet with their investigator after what I’m sure would be a long email and skip the orientation. Medical shouldn’t be a problem..and then the academy could be a issue..has anyone heard if this March academy is still a go?

Comment

• I got a buddy who’s in the next class and he said he hasn’t heard of any changes so it seems like the Pomona tower is still on. If I hear anything different I’ll let you guys know.

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post
                  I think with all this going on the need for firefighters is going to increase. Call volume is going to go up if it hasn’t already. Luckily the interview is from home..the only issue would be background orientation but they can easily just have people meet with their investigator after what I’m sure would be a long email and skip the orientation. Medical shouldn’t be a problem..and then the academy could be a issue..has anyone heard if this March academy is still a go?
                  I just saw a dept in Washington State suspended their recruit academy until further notice. First I've seen so far.

Comment

• Class 155 graduating today.

Comment

• FYI, for any of you with EMT certs that expire 3/31, the NREMT IS extending it to 6/30. Furthermore, in class instruction is not required for this cert period only. Online hours will be all that’s required.
                      Last edited by Hubbalicious; 03-20-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone finished their medical and given an academy date yet?

Comment

• Tough times ladies and gents. Hopefully for whatever delays we're seeing at the moment will be made up with more recruits being assigned to towers. Stay safe out there.

Comment

• Is academy 156 still scheduled to start tomorrow? I know Lafd is putting their hiring on hold for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
                              Is academy 156 still scheduled to start tomorrow? I know Lafd is putting their hiring on hold for now.
                              The new class is supposedly still on. Heard they’ll be taking recruits temps at the start of each day to keep things safe. This is a mix of remaining Medics and a wave of V banders. Get some!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubbalicious View Post

The new class is supposedly still on. Heard they’ll be taking recruits temps at the start of each day to keep things safe. This is a mix of remaining Medics and a wave of V banders. Get some!
                                Glad to hear they are still moving along as scheduled!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X