X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kbsandcoffee
    replied
    Originally posted by firehb979 View Post

Did they send out another round of beep test invites?
    No, just a statement that they are still conducting the beep test and are short on personal and that they intend to test every person who submitted interest

Leave a comment:

• firehb979
    replied
    Originally posted by Seaswimmer37 View Post
    Yep, thank god we’re all still considered for the FSA list
    Did they send out another round of beep test invites?

Leave a comment:

• Seaswimmer37
    replied
    Yep, thank god we’re all still considered for the FSA list

Leave a comment:

• Wetfloor93
    replied
    Did you guys receive an email regarding the FSA position?

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied
    Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

So are they no longer doing simultaneous academies? And will they covid style still?
    I have no idea. I imagine that they would be the same

Leave a comment:

• WeeWoo
    replied
    Originally posted by navymech View Post
    Currently in the academy and was talking about the next academies with multiple training captains. “They are already attempting to fill spots for the training cadre for academies scheduled to start in January and March. Where they are going to be running anywhere from 2-4.” Nothing was said about the list expiring. Keep the faith
    So are they no longer doing simultaneous academies? And will they covid style still?

Leave a comment:

• WeeWoo
    replied
    Originally posted by navymech View Post
    Currently in the academy and was talking about the next academies with multiple training captains. “They are already attempting to fill spots for the training cadre for academies scheduled to start in January and March. Where they are going to be running anywhere from 2-4.” Nothing was said about the list expiring. Keep the faith
    Thanks for the insight brother

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 2020LAFD?
    replied
    Originally posted by sagesensei View Post
    where did you get the idea that HR thinks the union's position on the current list is incorrect? man, some of you need to work on your reading comprehension skills... and you guys wonder why you haven't seen a CJO in the x amount of years you have been applying. all HR said was that the list is currently expired which COULD mean they haven't received notification to extend it yet (probably due to the fact there's still many of us with a CJO and they don't need to send CJO's anytime soon). they also said if the list does get restored, candidates will get sent CJO's and be contacted by the backgrounds unit. seriously, just put 2 and 2 together, it's not that hard.
    First of all sagesensei, you have no idea who has a CJO on this forum and who doesn't. Also, unless you personally have a PHD in English it's probably best not to start trashing others about reading comprehension. Others may cower to your hall monitor attitude, but I'm not about to.

Here's the facts:

Quote from the Union-
    "I have asked the Fire Chief to extend the current hiring list by one year and to continue with the aggressive entry-level hiring we have cooperatively been driving. He has agreed and we will continue to push to run towers until we are full." - per Union website

Reply quote from HR (on the above union statement)-
    "At this moment, the Fire Fighter Trainee eligible list is still expired. Should the list be restored and candidates are sent conditional offers, candidates will be contacted by our Backgrounds Unit."

Reads like a clear contradiction to me.

As you speculate, it "COULD" mean a lot of different things. We're all hopeful. I choose to deal in facts as they're presented to me and not speculation. Can the facts change? YES!

Leave a comment:

• homewardbound
    replied
    where did you get the idea that HR thinks the union's position on the current list is incorrect? man, some of you need to work on your reading comprehension skills... and you guys wonder why you haven't seen a CJO in the x amount of years you have been applying. all HR said was that the list is currently expired which COULD mean they haven't received notification to extend it yet (probably due to the fact there's still many of us with a CJO and they don't need to send CJO's anytime soon). they also said if the list does get restored, candidates will get sent CJO's and be contacted by the backgrounds unit. seriously, just put 2 and 2 together, it's not that hard.
    Preeaaaaaaach

Leave a comment:

• sagesensei
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 2020LAFD?
    replied

i'm not sure you understand how much of an impact the union has on the department... you can essentially see them as being one entity. the unions are the ones that are negotiating for your benefits, working conditions (la county firefighters being recalled because there's not enough firefighters), you don't think they're also negotiating for more boots on the ground?
    I totally get that the union negotiates for benefits, working conditions, pay, etc.- for existing firefighters and union members.

Thank God, and good for all of us that the union wants more, and negotiates for more boots on the ground. Correct me though, please, if I'm wrong, but last I checked the union doesn't make that decision.

Just tryin' to keep it real since it seems like HR just implied that the union's position on the current list is flat out incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• sagesensei
    replied
    Originally posted by 2020LAFD? View Post

That's what I thought too. 'Towers', or lack thereof, are budget driven and needs driven.

Seems like LACoFD would identify the need, L.A. County would approve the budget for the need, and then HR would work to fill the need.

Again, not sure where the union fits in, other than to be a messenger.
    i'm not sure you understand how much of an impact the union has on the department... you can essentially see them as being one entity. the unions are the ones that are negotiating for your benefits, working conditions (la county firefighters being recalled because there's not enough firefighters), you don't think they're also negotiating for more boots on the ground?

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    So the list is expired until we hear official word from HR.

Leave a comment:

• 2020LAFD?
    replied
    Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

I knew HR was in charge of placing/choosing into towers but I thought the department let HR know when they were going to have towers and when to send out offers?
    That's what I thought too. 'Towers', or lack thereof, are budget driven and needs driven.

Seems like LACoFD would identify the need, L.A. County would approve the budget for the need, and then HR would work to fill the need.

Again, not sure where the union fits in, other than to be a messenger.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X