Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any V banders on here get medicals?

bunch of my buddy’s did, and I’m wondering if I’m the only one who didn’t... lol

Comment

• Nothing yet. I was in the second group that went in for the background orientation a couple of weeks after the first group of V banders.

Comment

• Has anyone in Band 1 heard any news regarding interview dates?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman119 View Post
          Has anyone in Band 1 heard any news regarding interview dates?
          Nope, Crickets

Comment

• Nothing here yet.

Comment

• Pretty sure that the FD parcel tax did not pass

Comment

• Looks 50/50 at this point, needed 2/3 to pass.

Comment

• Damn.. i was hoping it would passed. What is is the county going to do now with their aging fleet and communications? They might have to cut their budget where it could effect their pension, classes, ect

Comment

• Originally posted by Tf3391 View Post
                    Damn.. i was hoping it would passed. What is is the county going to do now with their aging fleet and communications? They might have to cut their budget where it could effect their pension, classes, ect
                    Life is long and there will be more bills, more acts, more elections. Fact is, the department still needs firefighters and we are still in line. I’m stoked to be in this position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

Life is long and there will be more bills, more acts, more elections. Fact is, the department still needs firefighters and we are still in line. I’m stoked to be in this position.
                      Amen brotha! We are all in a great spot right now. This measure not passing might actually benefit us in the long run. I think the new budget would’ve allowed them to have another test much sooner and now they’ll probably be pulling from this one for a while (which is good for all of us). I don’t think this will change how many people they hire from this test, but maybe their next test they have

Comment

• From 1014 union:

Brothers and Sisters,

Super Tuesday was a long night for us all, the national stage was on everyone’s televisions and social media streams, and our local elections in LA County were in full swing. We worked long into the evening courting our political action efforts with our partners and we had many important victories, but we did not achieve the 2/3rds vote threshold needed to pass Measure FD.

We knew this would be a tough task and we worked hard to try and get this done before the November frenzy likely to be in the political environment with the National Presidential election in play. We need to keep looking for an additional funding source to get to 4-0 staffing and secure our future, but in the meantime, we have plenty of work to do with the existing budget and we will concentrate on those issues including filling our existing vacancies and prioritizing equipment and safety for our members as the top priorities with the Department.

While this is not the outcome we had hoped for on Measure FD, this is not the end of our fight or our efforts to secure funding for our Department. Your Union has prepared for every contingency. We have plans for November 2020 and if the data supports an effort in November it will be considered. We will be analyzing the results precinct by precinct and via Vote By Mail to see where the votes came in and where they might be in November.

Comment

• Is anyone planning on, or already commuting from another state for this job? Im talking about actually commuting back and forth, not just moving to CA once you’re hired. I’m wondering how the logistics would play out, how recalls would work, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubbalicious View Post
                            Is anyone planning on, or already commuting from another state for this job? Im talking about actually commuting back and forth, not just moving to CA once you’re hired. I’m wondering how the logistics would play out, how recalls would work, etc.
                            I know a guy that lives in San Diego and takes flights up to San Francisco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubbalicious View Post
                              Is anyone planning on, or already commuting from another state for this job? Im talking about actually commuting back and forth, not just moving to CA once you’re hired. I’m wondering how the logistics would play out, how recalls would work, etc.
                              It would probably be pretty tough if your on probation and your gonna wanna respond pretty quick if theirs call backs. veteran firefighters could easily do this since they been on the job a while and are established, but it’s up to you.

Comment

• Anyone know what’s going on with the hiring process?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X