No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All good points. I feel once you get clear backgrounds,medical, etc. is when your resume could start to hold more weight for getting an official offer for a tower date. All 3,000 or whatever the number is, can’t all get hired unfortunately haha

Comment

• Man I hope so! Haha I mean they need people so I imagine they already picked who they wanted by giving us selection interviews..someone mentioned they had a friend who didn’t get a cjo after his interview..and I know friends who applied for the medic test who interviewed and never heard anything and I think they expire soon so wonder what happens to them..they weren’t firefighters but they had the medic experience. I applied but I was a month short of the 12 months of primary care..I was bummed until I realized it was more of a lateral hire..now I’m glad I didn’t go through that process

Comment

• WeeWoo I agree with what you’re saying but I’m pretty sure that the 3,000 people who passed and are in Band 1 didn’t get an email for the digital selection interviews. I think only a small group got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CAFF View Post
          WeeWoo I agree with what you’re saying but I’m pretty sure that the 3,000 people who passed and are in Band 1 didn’t get an email for the digital selection interviews. I think only a small group got it.
          Why do you think so?

Comment

• Kbsandcoffee I have some friends who currently work for the department and they have spoken to a few Captains who are on the instructor side of things. But honestly who knows how correct they are.

Comment

• CAFF thanks. For my and the candidates here sakes, that’s good news.

Comment

• ArmyDrill Howd the orientation go?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
                  ArmyDrill Howd the orientation go?
                  Nothing really that hasn’t been shared on this thread already. Just a matter of meeting deadlines, being responsive, and being patient. They didn’t really go into any details about anything else besides the background process and it taking at a minimum 6 weeks to get through. The Dept is going through a huge hiring process to include FSA’s lifeguards, mechanics and firefighters so there is a lot going on behind the scenes in HR and the backgrounds section.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyDrill View Post

Nothing really that hasn’t been shared on this thread already. Just a matter of meeting deadlines, being responsive, and being patient. They didn’t really go into any details about anything else besides the background process and it taking at a minimum 6 weeks to get through. The Dept is going through a huge hiring process to include FSA’s lifeguards, mechanics and firefighters so there is a lot going on behind the scenes in HR and the backgrounds section.
                    I see. So nothing on academy dates at all? Does that 6 weeks include medical too?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

I see. So nothing on academy dates at all? Does that 6 weeks include medical too?
                      That’s just for background but they might schedule medical appt’s around the 4-6 week mark depending on the status of your background. Nothing on tower dates.

Comment

• Just got a confirmation email! *proceeds to wipe sweat from forehead lol*

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyDrill View Post

That’s just for background but they might schedule medical appt’s around the 4-6 week mark depending on the status of your background. Nothing on tower dates.
                          There’s two proposed for beginning of June.. like a week apart. EMT classes.

Looking for details on the whole medical process thing, because my work schedule and getting time off is nuts. Do they schedule it and it’s a hard date, or do you self schedule upon notification? Also, how long between being notified of Medicaid is your medical? Thanks man, I know that’s a lot lol

Comment

• Originally posted by homewardbound View Post

There’s two proposed for beginning of June.. like a week apart. EMT classes.

Looking for details on the whole medical process thing, because my work schedule and getting time off is nuts. Do they schedule it and it’s a hard date, or do you self schedule upon notification? Also, how long between being notified of Medicaid is your medical? Thanks man, I know that’s a lot lol
                            All they said about medical is that it is scheduled for you out in advance and that they highly recommend that you stick to your appointments or it can delay you in the process. All medical appointments will be during the week.

Comment

• ArmyDrill How many people would say were at the orientation?

Comment

• Originally posted by ramsauce View Post
                                Just got a confirmation email! *proceeds to wipe sweat from forehead lol*
                                confirmation for what?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X