Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AIQ thanks for posting that. I’m 6’3” over 210. But if they measure body fat, I’ll be fine.

    I got a response or confirmation about my resume. I have no FF experience.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
      Who’s going to the background orientation tomorrow?
      I’ll be there tomorrow.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ArmyDrill View Post

        I’ll be there tomorrow.
        Try to get some extra info for us if you can!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

          Try to get some extra info for us if you can!
          Of course!

          Comment


          • Got a confirmation email today as well

            Comment


            • I assume they just had a lot of emails to go through so that’s why it took a while to get a confirmation

              Comment


              • so i recently got added on to the eligibility list as a v bander because of my pending emt card submission and just finished my interview which i completely botched (literally answered a question with an answer that wasn't related to the topic at all).

                to those that are familiar with the whole hiring process, is it normal for the hiring team to give you a phone call to congratulate you on being selected for a digital interview after submitting a resume to them?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sagesensei View Post
                  so i recently got added on to the eligibility list as a v bander because of my pending emt card submission and just finished my interview which i completely botched (literally answered a question with an answer that wasn't related to the topic at all).

                  to those that are familiar with the whole hiring process, is it normal for the hiring team to give you a phone call to congratulate you on being selected for a digital interview after submitting a resume to them?
                  I've never heard of them doing that. Did you get a cjo?

                  Comment


                  • no cjo yet, i just finished my interview this past week. ya i thought it wasn't normal after the phone call. figured i would ask on here since this is my first time applying to a department.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sagesensei View Post
                      no cjo yet, i just finished my interview this past week. ya i thought it wasn't normal after the phone call. figured i would ask on here since this is my first time applying to a department.
                      Keep your head up. A guy on here interviewed in December and received a CJO after another group even though he interviewed before them. A buddy of mine interviewed in early January got a CJO a couple weeks later whereas the person on here is just now attending the orientation

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sagesensei View Post
                        so i recently got added on to the eligibility list as a v bander because of my pending emt card submission and just finished my interview which i completely botched (literally answered a question with an answer that wasn't related to the topic at all).

                        to those that are familiar with the whole hiring process, is it normal for the hiring team to give you a phone call to congratulate you on being selected for a digital interview after submitting a resume to them?
                        Also it’s a selection interview. So pass fail. I feel like so long as you didn’t come across as a murderer you should be good. I had to sprint downstairs to find my ID card because I forgot to have it next to me. I was sweating and breathing heavily for the first question haha. I also just finished pt at the private academy I’m doing right now.

                        Comment


                        • I wonder if the resume holds a lot of weight for selection..so even if your interview isn’t perfect, based upon your resume you can still move on..

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AIQ View Post
                            I wonder if the resume holds a lot of weight for selection..so even if your interview isn’t perfect, based upon your resume you can still move on..
                            I was thinking that too but some guys on here, who received cjos, said they didn’t have any fire experience, academy or medic. I’m would assume though FF1s and medic have to stand out to them.

                            Comment


                            • I feel like from what I’ve heard from some people on the department that if you get a selection interview your chances of getting picked are pretty high so long as (stated above) you’re not a murderer. I don’t think your resume has anything to do with it, but I could be wrong. This digital selection interview is probably to get a hiring list started. Please chime in if you agree or disagree.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CAFF View Post
                                I feel like from what I’ve heard from some people on the department that if you get a selection interview your chances of getting picked are pretty high so long as (stated above) you’re not a murderer. I don’t think your resume has anything to do with it, but I could be wrong. This digital selection interview is probably to get a hiring list started. Please chime in if you agree or disagree.
                                I’ve heard the same thing. If you get picked for a selection interview you will most likely get a CJO. Unless you’re just completely unprofessional you have a good chance.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X