No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boize208 more than likely everyone who submits their resume by the date will get an interview and from their they will prob be building a list for future academies is my presumption.

Comment

• Just made this account to say thanks to everyone that posts and passes on what little information they have about this process. It’s been very encouraging and information from this thread has literally kept me from missing deadlines.

I got my email asking me to send my resume in. I’ve been working at the same place for 10+ years so it seems like my resume will only be like two lines long. No, I do not work in EMS and I’m not V band. Any tips on what I can do to get through this step? Also, what is entailed by a “digital video selection interview”?

Thank you again to everyone’s efforts to keep each other informed. It’s very appreciated.

Comment

• So HR emailed today regarding the resume. I asked if the list from the firefighter/paramedic exam was valid. The response:

Both list are good for one year from the time of promulgation.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Dgogs31 View Post
          So HR emailed today regarding the resume. I asked if the list from the firefighter/paramedic exam was valid. The response:

Both list are good for one year from the time of promulgation.”
          So if you don’t recieve a CJO before the 12 months is up you’re basically off the list?

Comment

• Yup that is correct

Comment

• Does anyone have any information about the background and medical? What can disqualify you from the process?

Comment

• “. “
                Last edited by Kdubb; 02-02-2020, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdubb View Post
                  Can I just address the most important question of all and risk sounding stupid and possibly breaking the rules?

What questions were asked during the interview?
                  Good luck on that one.

Comment

Can I just address the most important question of all and risk sounding stupid and possibly breaking the rules?

Nice 1st post. Cheating at it’s finest.

Comment

• From HR:

Promulgation date for Fire Fighter Trainee / Paramedic (30198D) was on 03/20/2019 and Fire Fighter Trainee (30198E) was promulgated on 10/03/2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dgogs31 View Post
                        From HR:

Promulgation date for Fire Fighter Trainee / Paramedic (30198D) was on 03/20/2019 and Fire Fighter Trainee (30198E) was promulgated on 10/03/2019.
                        Thank you for the information.

Comment

• In the email stating that we’ve been selected for an interview, there was mention of being involved in any la county sponsored programs that you make sure to include it in your resume. Any idea how much weight being a county explorer for several years has on being selected?

Comment

"What is your view on cheating and integrity in the fire service?"

Comment

“how would you respond to a cadet who was giving out questions during the interview process for LA county?”

If you’re asking that question you aren’t ready to be a firefighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post

“how would you respond to a cadet who was giving out questions during the interview process for LA county?”

If you’re asking that question you aren’t ready to be a firefighter.
                                Ventura county threw out a whole list for that reason.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X