Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RunAllDay35 View Post

Nice dude! that was quick. I hear the next upcoming towers are in January, March and June. Know anything different? I was assigned my investigator on 11/24
    Simultaneous classes are being run at Del Valle. East County probably won’t do the same but they’re really pushing for 10 classes this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeeruzzo View Post

I included name , phone number , and email address. That’s all I included and they stated that it was updated.
      Thanks for the info

Comment

• Hey everyone, I just thought I would share my experience thus far. Here is my timeline.

08/19/2021: Conditional Offer
        09/18/2021: Background Orientation
        09/25/2021: Background packet submitted
        09/27/2021: Background investigation started
        10/04/2021: Livescan deadline
        10/20/2021: Completed Backgrounds
        10/25/2021: Background investigation deadline
        12/10/2021: Medical Invite
        01/04/2022: Medical Appointment

For those curious about the medical, it went like this:

-Lots of paperwork
        -Height
        -Weight
        -Vision
        -Color Blindness
        -Hearing
        -Urinalysis
        -Vital signs
        -Spirometry
        -Blood draw
        -12-Lead
        -Physical by NP

The whole process took 2 hours. Some people had appointments in El Segundo, but mine was in Glendale.

You do have to be fully vaccinated (sucks) by time of appointment, which means you need to show proof of it once you receive your final offer/start date.

According to buddies of mine, after your medical the next step is an invite to orientation or "family day", during which you get fitted for uniforms/PPE/equipment. After that the final "onboarding" phase is a final job offer and tower start date. Some people will be named alternates in case there are drop outs. Otherwise, you'll get pushed to the next tower.

Comment

• Originally posted by TToyoda View Post
          Hey everyone, I just thought I would share my experience thus far. Here is my timeline.

-Lots of paperwork
          -Height
          -Weight
          -Vision
          -Color Blindness
          -Hearing
          -Urinalysis
          -Vital signs
          -Spirometry
          -Blood draw
          -12-Lead
          -Physical by NP

The whole process took 2 hours. Some people had appointments in El Segundo, but mine was in Glendale.

You do have to be fully vaccinated (sucks) by time of appointment, which means you need to show proof of it once you receive your final offer/start date.

According to buddies of mine, after your medical the next step is an invite to orientation or "family day", during which you get fitted for uniforms/PPE/equipment. After that the final "onboarding" phase is a final job offer and tower start date. Some people will be named alternates in case there are drop outs. Otherwise, you'll get pushed to the next tower.
          Do you know how long it takes to get the invite to family day? Had my medical Dec 10.

Comment

• I've heard so many different timeframes from people I know regarding the invite to family day, ranging from a couple of months to almost a year. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Comment

• Dang that long huh? Thanks for the info. I thought they were moving pretty quickly since they wanted to do a bunch of towers this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TToyoda View Post
                Hey everyone, I just thought I would share my experience thus far. Here is my timeline.

-Lots of paperwork
                -Height
                -Weight
                -Vision
                -Color Blindness
                -Hearing
                -Urinalysis
                -Vital signs
                -Spirometry
                -Blood draw
                -12-Lead
                -Physical by NP

thank you so much for this detailed info! I'm currently in phase of meeting my background investigator.

Comment

• Got an email that I “cleared” my medical exam. Now just waiting for family day/orientation.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJO654 View Post
                    Got an email that I “cleared” my medical exam. Now just waiting for family day/orientation.
                    When did you do your medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by Supremediamond View Post

When did you do your medical?
                      I did mine on 12/6

Comment

• Just wondering has anyone still waiting to hear anything about clearing backgrounds or getting a medical exam date since background orientation date of 9/27?
                        Last edited by dgerdes; 01-11-2022, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dgerdes View Post
                          Just wondering has anyone still waiting to hear anything about clearing backgrounds or getting a medical exam date since background orientation date of 9/27?
                          Same boat, BI said everything got sent to HR. Still holding pattern for the medical at this point

Comment

• Originally posted by dgerdes View Post
                            Just wondering has anyone still waiting to hear anything about clearing backgrounds or getting a medical exam date since background orientation date of 9/27?
                            Still waiting for my BI as well. My BI is captain Suarez. CHIEF Suarez now.

He explained he was just waiting on my livescan to send to HR.

Still waiting in that

Comment

• Just got a recruit prep program invitation. Anyone know if this is affiliated with the academy? Or is it just a prep

Comment

• Originally posted by TJO654 View Post
                                Just got a recruit prep program invitation. Anyone know if this is affiliated with the academy? Or is it just a prep
                                Just got that as well. I’m pretty sure it’s affiliated with the academy. Seems like we’d be in the March Academy.

actually, not too sure if it is, maybe someone else can chime in.
                                Last edited by Supremediamond; 01-15-2022, 02:35 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X