Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FYR,

    awesome dude, congrats and thanks for the info. So if I’m on the EMT list, don’t expect to be in a class til June at the earliest? Sorry I’m on a few hours of sleep and trying to figure out whether or not I want to take a full class load this semester or not. My background orientation is next week....



    CAFF: my interview was last month with all the other V banders.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by homewardbound View Post
      FYR,

      awesome dude, congrats and thanks for the info. So if I’m on the EMT list, don’t expect to be in a class til June at the earliest? Sorry I’m on a few hours of sleep and trying to figure out whether or not I want to take a full class load this semester or not. My background orientation is next week....



      CAFF: my interview was last month with all the other V banders.
      Can’t give accurate advice on your personal needs with school as I don’t know your situation.

      I personally would take a full semester of classes and if called for tower, withdraw. There’s no guarantee when your background will be finished. No guarantee on medicals. And no guarantee you’ll be in the first upcoming tower. We have people in our upcoming tower who were supposed to be in two previous FFPM towers, but we’re pushed back because their medicals. One guy was called the week before the tower started that he was accepted. Always expect a delay and keep going through your life as you normally would. Keep testing with every agency. Keep attending school. Keep learning at work to better yourself and resume. A CJO is dramatically different than an “Offer of Employment”. The offer of employment is when you need to change your life to accommodate an upcoming tower.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FYR MDC View Post

        Can’t give accurate advice on your personal needs with school as I don’t know your situation.

        I personally would take a full semester of classes and if called for tower, withdraw. There’s no guarantee when your background will be finished. No guarantee on medicals. And no guarantee you’ll be in the first upcoming tower. We have people in our upcoming tower who were supposed to be in two previous FFPM towers, but we’re pushed back because their medicals. One guy was called the week before the tower started that he was accepted. Always expect a delay and keep going through your life as you normally would. Keep testing with every agency. Keep attending school. Keep learning at work to better yourself and resume. A CJO is dramatically different than an “Offer of Employment”. The offer of employment is when you need to change your life to accommodate an upcoming tower.
        True that. I'll make sure I don't burn any bridges at my current department in the mean time ha.

        has backgrounds been rough?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by homewardbound View Post

          True that. I'll make sure I don't burn any bridges at my current department in the mean time ha.

          has backgrounds been rough?
          Backgrounds are the same with every department I’ve been through. There’s very little you can control and it’s very easy. Every background has the exact same process.

          - You turn in your questionnaire and all documents (transcripts, work history, driving history, military discharge papers, proof of address, 2x2 passport photos, proof of selective services, references, and a notarized document).
          - 15 minute interview in person or on phone with investigator to clarify anything.
          - Wait for investigator to call a few months to say you passed.

          Backgrounds is the easiest part of the whole process. You don’t need to prepare (you should have most paperwork done). You already know the answers to the questions they’re going to ask you. All the work is done by someone else. They gather all information and make a decision if you’re an acceptable candidate. HR approves it and then off to medicals. There’s no tricks, no curve balls, nothing secretive. It’s straight forward and once you’ve done one, they’re all relatively the same.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by navymech View Post
            Any other v banders get an invite to interview? Just received my invite after submitting my dd214
            When is your interview?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cumminsyota View Post
              The ? Is... Did any V banders not get a offer? My buddy said he Wasn’t expecting to get one because his interview was horrible.
              Sounds like the resume is holding a lot of weight if everyone is getting CJOs

              Comment


              • Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

                When is your interview?
                this Thursday. I have a 24 hour window. I’m hoping to be able to squeak into this orientation.

                also for people waiting for that invite. It’s going to come. They are hurting for people. Keep grinding.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by navymech View Post

                  this Thursday. I have a 24 hour window. I’m hoping to be able to squeak into this orientation.

                  also for people waiting for that invite. It’s going to come. They are hurting for people. Keep grinding.
                  Nice dude! Good luck! When is the next orientation?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

                    Nice dude! Good luck! When is the next orientation?
                    There is one this weekend and I don’t know when the next one after it is.

                    Comment


                    • To the V banders who got Cjos or the Vbanders that you know, are most of you/them medics?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
                        To the V banders who got Cjos or the Vbanders that you know, are most of you/them medics?
                        I know one and he was not a medic and no academy or fire science

                        Comment


                        • From an la county battalion chief “there are 120 or so v banders” with the intention being that they have the academies in June taking care of them and possibly filling late year academies with band 1

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by navymech View Post
                            From an la county battalion chief “there are 120 or so v banders” with the intention being that they have the academies in June taking care of them and possibly filling late year academies with band 1
                            Did he mention how many are in Band 1?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jman119 View Post

                              Did he mention how many are in Band 1?

                              earlier in this thread there were 1500 total so I assume 13-1400. With 40% washing out I think at most it will be a year or two after vband. The last hiring went on for 5 years.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by navymech View Post
                                From an la county battalion chief “there are 120 or so v banders” with the intention being that they have the academies in June taking care of them and possibly filling late year academies with band 1
                                Bummer. Was Hoping they would move a little faster than that with band 1.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X