Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gabe40
    replied
    wether there is a hiring freeze or not lets just hope they exhaust the list (all V band/ A band) we all worked hard to get on without any future testing!
    Thank you all for the updates and info!
    Last edited by gabe40; 04-20-2020, 10:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jman119
    replied
    If I remember right, the fire chief said that all funding for hiring has already been placed to the side and that the coronavirus will not delay hiring. Pretty sure he said this a few weeks ago during their social media video.

Leave a comment:

• AIQ
    replied
    Originally posted by AM1485 View Post
    Police and Fire will be largely shielded from these cuts. I know that refers mainly to overtime or existing personnel, but the department cannot and will not be able to operate without continuing with its current hiring process. There’s just way too many spots that need to be filled and those numbers are just going to keep getting worse with promotions/retirements. I’m not affiliated with the department, but I think it’s safe to safe the current hiring process and those of us fortunate enough to be moving forward should be good.
    Agreed! I think at least this years academy’s are still going to be a go like navymech said. No way they’ll be able to keep up with promotions and retirements without multiple academy’s

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcatc73 View Post

I see it says something about the city making and delaying hiring but would that also effect the county? They are already hurting as far as personnel
    Who knows. I could see this years dates being good as the towers are more than likely funded. But with funding coming from the success of the local economy and currently that is taking a massive hit. I don’t know how far I to the future they funded. I agree that county is hurting. Someone in la city’s thread brought up a good point. This is going to drive some people who are of retirement age out because they don’t want to deal with it. We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• AM1485
    replied
    Police and Fire will be largely shielded from these cuts. I know that refers mainly to overtime or existing personnel, but the department cannot and will not be able to operate without continuing with its current hiring process. There’s just way too many spots that need to be filled and those numbers are just going to keep getting worse with promotions/retirements. I’m not affiliated with the department, but I think it’s safe to safe the current hiring process and those of us fortunate enough to be moving forward should be good.

Leave a comment:

• WeeWoo
    replied
    Afraid this was going to happen. Any word from county FD? Are possibly delaying the hiring of new FFs as well?

Leave a comment:

• Wildcatc73
    replied
    Originally posted by navymech View Post
    I see it says something about the city making and delaying hiring but would that also effect the county? They are already hurting as far as personnel

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcatc73 View Post

Elaborate?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/losange...dget-cuts/amp/

not looking good for the hometeam

Leave a comment:

• Wildcatc73
    replied
    Originally posted by homewardbound View Post
    Budget cuts coming...
    Elaborate?

Leave a comment:

• homewardbound
    replied
    Budget cuts coming...

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    County doesn't have ambulances either.

Leave a comment:

• Kbsandcoffee
    replied
    Originally posted by Tf3391 View Post
    ArmyDrill Man that’s awesome you guys got offers from 2 different departments! Personally... I would choose city because they have newer equipment and apparatus and a mayor that supports them! Anybody else know why county is better or the pros and cons?
    From speaking to firefighters in both, county has a more “relaxed” culture where city is paramilitary. Most city firefighters I know, and this isn’t everyone I’m sure, would rather be in county.

Leave a comment:

• Tf3391
    replied
    ArmyDrill Man that’s awesome you guys got offers from 2 different departments! Personally... I would choose city because they have newer equipment and apparatus and a mayor that supports them! Anybody else know why county is better or the pros and cons?

Leave a comment:

• ArmyDrill
    replied
    Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
    Is there anyone else on here who also received an official offer with a start date of June 8th other than ArmyDrill ?
    There was another guy in my LAFD tower class 19-2 that also received an official job offer letter for LACo’s June 8 tower. He wasn’t sure which tower he was going to go with.

Leave a comment:

• WeeWoo
    replied
    Is there anyone else on here who also received an official offer with a start date of June 8th other than ArmyDrill ?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X