Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dgogs31 View Post
    Only rumor, so take with a grain of salt… I’ve heard they will do 163(June), 164(July), and 165(September). Then they would scrap the list. Not 100% but one of the training Captains provided that information.
    Hopefully that doesn’t happen lol. Thanks

Comment

• I also heard there was going to be another test, similar to last go around, one test for ff/pm and another for trainee, but again just a rumor. Hopefully another round of cjo go out for 165 but I’m sure they have plenty of people from the last round to fill 165

Comment

• I heard the exact same thing dgogs31. How long did it take to get assigned a BI after you turned your packet in ?

Comment

• Approximately one week.

here is my timeline:

CJO-2/12/21
          Background orientation- 2/27/21
          Background packet turned in -3/6/21
          Met investigator on 3/12/21
          Medical assigned 4/5/21
          Orientation day 4/10/21
          Medical appointment 4/13/21
          Official offer 5/18/21

Comment

• Ok thanks. I am in process with FSA, turned my packet in 5/8 and haven’t received any phone call or anything yet from a BI so I was just curious

Comment

• Has anyone on here gone through the process for the FSA yet? Was it quick ? I don’t know anyone personally who has or is going through it so it would be nice to know some info if anyone has. Thank you

Comment

• it's about a month from background orientation to medical for fsa

Comment

• deleted...
                  Last edited by lks1855; 06-01-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Anyone have any info on when the next test is?

Comment

• There's no info on them scrapping the list or doing another test. There are rumors for both sides which should tell you no one knows anything lol.

Comment

• Any good news out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wetfloor93 View Post
                          Any good news out there?
                          Last Friday on their union page they said 7 academies this year and 5 next year. Nothing was mentioned about a new test. Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman119 View Post

Last Friday on their union page they said 7 academies this year and 5 next year. Nothing was mentioned about a new test. Good luck
                            so far they’ve done what February, March, June and have ones in July and possibly September..? So there’s a chance of 2-3 more this year according to the union page. I’d imagine they would send out more offers soon since it usually takes like 3 months to get everything done

Comment

• The following is the info I have:

I’m in Band 1, Group 2 (April 1 interview). I am not a medic. Got my CJO on March 9, 2021. Backgrounds Orientation on March 27. Cleared backgrounds May 18 (took 3 weeks). Medical exam yesterday, June 22 (HR contacted me about medical on June 21 after a month of radio silence). No tower date given.

At my medical, I met another FFT candidate. Also not a medic. He is in Band 1/Group 3. Got his CJO sometime in April. Also, no tower date given.

A former colleague finished everything in May. (Same band/group, CJO date, BO date as me.) He got his official offer last night. Tower date July 19 in Santa Clarita. He is a medic, so that might have sped up his process. He was told by one of the BCs that there will be another tower in October; possibly in Pomona. No word on other towers in 2021. I hope there will be more in 2021.

Good luck, all!
                              Last edited by Cnaga2; 06-23-2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• It took them 10 months to get an academy going from the time they announced the 2019 written test. They haven’t announced anything so I believe the list will remain active through 2022 as well if they plan to do 5 academies.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X