No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard anything after doing the beep test?

Comment

• Negative. Captain told us after we finished that he has no idea when they will be hiring for the fsa position

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuttingedge237 View Post
        Negative. Captain told us after we finished that he has no idea when they will be hiring for the fsa position
        Is the FSA just for temporary fire season help?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wetfloor93 View Post
          Has anyone heard anything after doing the beep test?
          My buddy took his beep test back in October finished backgrounds/ medical hasn’t heard anything about an fsa academy date

Comment

• Originally posted by Yosi809 View Post

My buddy took his beep test back in October finished backgrounds/ medical hasn’t heard anything about an fsa academy date
            Fire season will be over before this gets sorted. I might pass. Seems like it for some reason I do poorly on the beep, then I’ll be looked down upon for the FF position....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

Fire season will be over before this gets sorted. I might pass. Seems like it for some reason I do poorly on the beep, then I’ll be looked down upon for the FF position....
              just gotta get to 9-6 on the beep test

Comment

• But don’t you have to do a beep test in the fft academy also?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonslayer27 View Post
                  But don’t you have to do a beep test in the fft academy also?
                  It was used as a baseline not something they could hold against you.

Comment

I'm just speculating here but if you were to do the beep test and pass and go through backgrounds and medical I would assume if they needed bodies for the next firefighter academy they could just pull from there since you already went through it.... Just saying... But then again who knows??.....

Comment

• Any update on the FF Trainee process?

Comment

• The way I see it could go 2 ways. A) you get a beep invite and if you pass your next up for the trainee academy, and if you don’t pass then kinda shows you’re not physically ready for an academy so you get pushed way down on the trainee list B) if you got a beep invite you might be far down on the trainee list so they’re sending them to people who may not get a CJO for the trainee list.

But according to the union page HR has no idea what’s going on. So my speculation is just that a speculation. I hope with the proposed 3-4 academy’s next year we start hearing something soon, I mean there’s still over 100 people who are finished with everything and haven’t heard anything so don’t hold you’re breath.

Comment

• Well, I missed the part of the invite that stated I need to reply. So I missed the beep test. Either way, if I’m supposed to be a FF with this department, it will happen. Good luck to all “beeping” this Saturday.

Comment

Well, I missed the part of the invite that stated I need to reply. So I missed the beep test. Either way, if I’m supposed to be a FF with this department, it will happen. Good luck to all “beeping” this Saturday.
                            The beep invite was for those interested in the FSA position correct? Or was there an invite for the trainee position?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidel84 View Post

The beep invite was for those interested in the FSA position correct? Or was there an invite for the trainee position?
                              Just FSA.....

Comment

• For those that have taken the beep test for the FSA position do they stop you at the minimum requirement or do they see how long you can go?....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X