Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

Watch what you say. All in all, cream rises. Don’t lower your integrity as a man and make excuses. If someone is qualified then they will
    succeed, if not, then not.
    Agree and Amen.

Comment

• FDNY example of that is not always true

https://nypost.com/2015/05/03/woman-...-fitness-test/

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

Watch what you say. All in all, cream rises. Don’t lower your integrity as a man and make excuses. If someone is qualified then they will
        succeed, if not, then not.
        That’s not the point I was making. I am not making excuses nor am saying you’re wrong in your statement, the point is choosing someone based off gender and race instead of the most qualified. If that’s those 30 women than I have no problem but I highly doubt that’s the case. When I or others call 911 I want the most qualified person.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

That’s not the point I was making. I am not making excuses nor am saying you’re wrong in your statement, the point is choosing someone based off gender and race instead of the most qualified. If that’s those 30 women than I have no problem but I highly doubt that’s the case. When I or others call 911 I want the most qualified person.
          I think the issue has become how each FD actually determines what the definition of 'most qualified' is. I doubt any female candidate wants to become a FF thru lower standards or testing requirements.

Unfortunately, too many FD's across the U.S. have been exposed having 'if you can't dunk a basketball' you're not qualified- type requirements. (Exaggeration of course but you hopefully you get my point). So, the pendulum has to swing back the other way.

To LAFD's credit, they dug deep into real life, real world FF duties and studied them, factoring in today's equipment and technology.Then they reviewed their age old testing and requirements and made adjustments. Not much changed from what I'm told, but there definitely were changes.

Comment

• Anyone hear a rumor about a November class?

Comment

• Originally posted by homewardbound View Post
              Anyone hear a rumor about a November class?
              I have not. Where did you hear this from?

Comment

• Originally posted by homewardbound View Post
                Anyone hear a rumor about a November class?
                159 graduates nov 6th and 160 graduates around nov 27th. I have only heard that they are planning on doing a January academy

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post

159 graduates nov 6th and 160 graduates around nov 27th. I have only heard that they are planning on doing a January academy
                  Just one academy or 2 in January?

Comment

• 9 days until the list expires.

Comment

Just one academy or 2 in January?
                      honestly I don’t know

Comment

• Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
                        9 days until the list expires.
                        Wonder if they’ll even send an email letting us know that we expired

Comment

• Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
                          9 days until the list expires.
                          Thanks for posting. I was trying to find that date. Perhaps a surprise is in order. I didn’t get an invite for FSA beep test, so maybe it’s because they are going to CJO. Ha!

Comment

• In the past recruitments did it say the list would expire in a year and then they ended up extending the list? They usually go deep into their list for several years.

Comment

In the past recruitments did it say the list would expire in a year and then they ended up extending the list? They usually go deep into their list for several years.
                              Hoping for this. Only wrinkle is that FCTC announcement. Doing EMT refresh this weekend at a fire academy location, and man, it’s great to be in this world.

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post

Wonder if they’ll even send an email letting us know that we expired
                                Was thinking the same thing. If they were smart they would because, if not I’m sure people are going to be blowing up their phones and emails asking for an answer/update.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X