No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious for those from trainee list, who also received a cjo, cleared backgrounds/medical, but didn’t get chosen for the Sept. towers, where we stand in the process now.

Comment

• I know of one person from the FF/PM who hasn’t received a tower date and cleared everything- why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seaswimmer37 View Post
        I know of one person from the FF/PM who hasn’t received a tower date and cleared everything- why?
        The reason I ask is, because there are a good amount of people from the trainee list who have also cleared everything, but were not given a tower date for either tower this month. They brought 250 to orientation and 112 were hired. So now what happens to the other 100 plus candidates. Seems like it would be waste to put all them through backgrounds, medical, etc. and then not hire them.

Comment

• im in the same boat as you and the only way we are not SOL is if they hold 2 academies in january which isn't even confirmed

Comment

• Originally posted by Seaswimmer37 View Post
            I know of one person from the FF/PM who hasn’t received a tower date and cleared everything- why?
            Ret battalion chief told me they over hired with medics.

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post

Ret battalion chief told me they over hired with medics.
              I’ve heard the same, also heard there was a lot of issues with them in the acadmey and in the field. But they are hurting in the engineer spot so a lot of medics I’m sure will promote and open up ranks again. Coming from a buddy who is a medic with county

Comment

• Originally posted by sagesensei View Post
                im in the same boat as you and the only way we are not SOL is if they hold 2 academies in January which isn't even confirmed
                Yeah I heard medic spots are full but there are over a hundred FF spots open rn, 70 engineer spots and mass retirements happening in March-This is from my county source. He has no idea about tower dates though and how HR is doing the hiring.

Anyone have insight on January towers happening?

Comment

• Is it true LACoFd hired 30 female FF in 159 and 160? I'm definitely not opposed-just find it interesting if true. Anyone know?

Comment

• ^ yeah wouldn’t be surprised.

it would make sense that there is January academies based on the the pool of people they have that have cleared everything as well as promotions being next month would open up more FF spots, and the retirements that happens early spring. Then that would clear the list out, and start anew.

but nothing that I thought would happen has happened in this process lol. So who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020LAFD? View Post
                      Is it true LACoFd hired 30 female FF in 159 and 160? I'm definitely not opposed-just find it interesting if true. Anyone know?
                      14 females in the current one

Comment

• Crazy..all sudden after years of maybe having 1 or 2 females in a class they have 14. 14 females who obviously interviewed better than 90% of us, who are more qualified then some of us who are already firefighters at other departments, paramedics, wildland ff’s etc..that must have been one badass women’s fire prep academy..

don’t get me wrong, I have no problems with women in the fire service I know some bad *** women who are, and maybe those 14 are the most qualified for the job, but highly unlikely.
                        maybe next process will be different lol

Comment

• Has anyone taken the beep test ? Is it an all day thing like the biddle? or do you just show up, take the test then leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020LAFD? View Post
                            Is it true LACoFd hired 30 female FF in 159 and 160? I'm definitely not opposed-just find it interesting if true. Anyone know?
                            This is what happens when you let HR do the hiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by firehb979 View Post
                              Has anyone taken the beep test ? Is it an all day thing like the biddle? or do you just show up, take the test then leave.
                              Update: took like 40 mins including registration.

No one in my test group passed. I hope y'all working on your running because that test is definitely rough. I got to round 8 stage 6.
                              Last edited by firehb979; 09-19-2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

This is what happens when you let HR do the hiring.
                                Watch what you say. All in all, cream rises. Don’t lower your integrity as a man and make excuses. If someone is qualified then they will
                                succeed, if not, then not.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X