No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I filled an interest card right after. I had recently started with a neighboring department.
    Last edited by enginetercera; 08-18-2020, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Hopefully it’s like city where if you are already on the list, they extend it, a new hiring process is started and you can continue over with your test scores and remain in the pool. But who knows at this point. Feel bad for band 2 guys that got interviews for nothing it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace1027 View Post
        Hopefully it’s like city where if you are already on the list, they extend it, a new hiring process is started and you can continue over with your test scores and remain in the pool. But who knows at this point. Feel bad for band 2 guys that got interviews for nothing it seems.
        That would be nice. Didn’t know that was a possibility

Comment

• Don't see how that would be a possibility if they switch to a Fctc.. Oh well i'm gonna use the wait and see approach.

Comment

• Is county known for giving out officials last minute to tower dates? September 9th is right around the corner and I have not heard of anyone getting officials for that tower yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman119 View Post

That would be nice. Didn’t know that was a possibility
              When I was in the process the only thing that happened was I never got a background investigator and my file expired after a year but I was on the list for 2 years I believe. I still have the email asking me if I was still interested and to reply if so, so can stay on the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
                Is county known for giving out officials last minute to tower dates? September 9th is right around the corner and I have not heard of anyone getting officials for that tower yet.
                Also, I talk with a friend who knows a Battalion Chief and he said almost all of band 1 will get a CJO. That sound ambitious but I’d rather hang on to that than believe I took this test for nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by enginetercera View Post

I did receive the call. I asked when the next exam period was, the recruiter told ME they are planning on having one Spring 2021. I didn't put in for lateral last time around.
                  For OCFA or LaCoFD? I figured you were meaning OCFA lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
                    Is county known for giving out officials last minute to tower dates? September 9th is right around the corner and I have not heard of anyone getting officials for that tower yet.
                    Last hiring process My buddy had to cut his honeymoon short to attend the orientation. He is was in Italy. He also didn’t receive the call until the Monday before the academy

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post

Last hiring process My buddy had to cut his honeymoon short to attend the orientation. He is was in Italy. He also didn’t receive the call until the Monday before the academy
                      That's insane haha

Comment

Also, I talk with a friend who knows a Battalion Chief and he said almost all of band 1 will get a CJO. That sound ambitious but I’d rather hang on to that than believe I took this test for nothing.
                        I made band 1. Highly doubt that, but I’ll will keep myself busy and hope for the best.

Comment

• I can’t see how they’d keep this list active and start a new (FCTC) one to overlap. This 2019 test was a joke so how are they going to be comparing someone who got a 99% on the 2019 written to a FCTC scorer

Comment

• So I spoke to the recruitment dept. This is the summary. Q: will the list drop around Oct.? A: the list is eligible for 12 months but based on the needs of the department they can extend it.
                            Q: will there be another hiring process in 2021? A: we don’t know that’s up to HR but I don’t have access to that information. Nor could I guarantee that is a possibility.

Spoke a bit with them and they said all of what you are saying are just rumors. Go based off the needs of the Dept.

I’d say you can place some chips on the table for this list to continue being they need much more than the CJO’s they went out and the Graduating classes. I was pretty determined to find out something on this since it’s a huge topic here, Squeaky wheel gets the oils

Comment

• Want to be really safe? Take the FCTC. Hiring will continue through out Cali next year in all Fire Departments. We got this ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

So I spoke to the recruitment dept. This is the summary. Q: will the list drop around Oct.? A: the list is eligible for 12 months but based on the needs of the department they can extend it.
                                Q: will there be another hiring process in 2021? A: we don’t know that’s up to HR but I don’t have access to that information. Nor could I guarantee that is a possibility.

Spoke a bit with them and they said all of what you are saying are just rumors. Go based off the needs of the Dept.

I’d say you can place some chips on the table for this list to continue being they need much more than the CJO’s they went out and the Graduating classes. I was pretty determined to find out something on this since it’s a huge topic here, Squeaky wheel gets the oils
                                I emailed the recruitment coordinator a few days ago and she said there is no date for another hiring process. Anything can happen tho!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X