Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2020LAFD? View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as a 'numbers' person, i can see why the LACOFD wants to switch over to the LAFD hiring process. Seems like it would be a lot less expensive for them. If they spend less, they can hire more.

LAFD only issues CJO's if you clear backgrounds first, and get the nod from two Battalion Chiefs (panel review). After that, you go to medical and psych and then wait for a tower date.

The LACOFD process has them spending a bunch of money on medical and psych evaluations, plus getting a bunch of FF candidates excited with CJO's and orientations, when they may not even get through backgrounds.

Do I have this right?
    LAFD spends way more on their hiring process. County has less steps and already has a list to just simply pull from as opposed to having to collect more applications and conduct interviews to create a new list. Makes absolutely no sense to throw this one out this soon.

Comment

• Not to be negative, word is the list will be tossed in October. Stay positive.... If nothing happens just keep grinding.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireDawg924 View Post
        Not to be negative, word is the list will be tossed in October. Stay positive.... If nothing happens just keep grinding.
        I don't think it will eliminated. I can see them mirroring the City hiring process, with testing done every other year or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireDawg924 View Post
          Not to be negative, word is the list will be tossed in October. Stay positive.... If nothing happens just keep grinding.
          Where do you get your information? I appreciate all of the posts trying to keep us updated, but you never respond when people ask questions. You said your aunt works in recruitment, but then you didn’t know why the recruitment unit called you last week. You should know why if your aunt works in that department. What exactly have you heard and what’s your source?

Comment

• Originally posted by enginetercera View Post

I don't think it will eliminated. I can see them mirroring the City hiring process, with testing done every other year or so.
            Or mirror OCFA's process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
              Or mirror OCFA's process.
              Exactly. BTW recruitment is calling people who have submitted info via interest card. They are having a spring 2021 hiring process.

Comment

Exactly. BTW recruitment is calling people who have submitted info via interest card. They are having a spring 2021 hiring process.
                If Recruitment told you they’re having a new hiring process what makes you think they won’t throw this current list out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman119 View Post

If Recruitment told you they’re having a new hiring process what makes you think they won’t throw this current list out?
                  Read above.

Comment

Read above.
                    Sorry, I’m not entirely sure how city does their hiring. I just know they have more steps in the process. So you’re thinking they’ll exhaust more of this list before moving to the next? Thanks

Comment

Sorry, I’m not entirely sure how city does their hiring. I just know they have more steps in the process. So you’re thinking they’ll exhaust more of this list before moving to the next? Thanks
                      It seemed like from the orientation that they are trying to throw more offers out there. They already have 200 people in the process for the September academies and are talking about adding an additional 50 to that list.

Comment

Where do you get your information? I appreciate all of the posts trying to keep us updated, but you never respond when people ask questions. You said your aunt works in recruitment, but then you didn’t know why the recruitment unit called you last week. You should know why if your aunt works in that department. What exactly have you heard and what’s your source?
                        She is in HR not recruitment. The department lets them know when to send out CJO and when to close or open a recruitment. So I get little information. It seems like neither department has a clue on what’s going to happen

Comment

Thanks for this info

Comment

• Recruitment calling doesn’t always mean they are starting a brand new hiring process. From a friend in backgrounds a captain said they are going to continue with the list. If not then I’m more than sure county will let us know so until the keep yourself busy. For the one who asked about city. City expands their waiting list time all the time. They don’t just throw it out. If you are worried about the list being thrown out, sign up for the FCTC. Study if you have to so you get a great score. Problem solved.

Comment

• Let’s all agree with everything being said, no one knows anything for sure and everything is up in the air. Stay ready, and positive. And like stated above get on the FCTC list to have everything squared away just in case

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace1027 View Post
                                Recruitment calling doesn’t always mean they are starting a brand new hiring process. From a friend in backgrounds a captain said they are going to continue with the list. If not then I’m more than sure county will let us know so until the keep yourself busy. For the one who asked about city. City expands their waiting list time all the time. They don’t just throw it out. If you are worried about the list being thrown out, sign up for the FCTC. Study if you have to so you get a great score. Problem solved.
                                I did receive the call. I asked when the next exam period was, the recruiter told ME they are planning on having one Spring 2021. I didn't put in for lateral last time around.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X