No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy thing. I got a call yesterday from the recruitment unit. The lady on the phone said she was calling to verify my information i had put on my interest card and was making sure it was correct. Don't know what this means if anything (maybe a new process starting soon?). Anyone else get a call.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireDawg924 View Post
      Crazy thing. I got a call yesterday from the recruitment unit. The lady on the phone said she was calling to verify my information i had put on my interest card and was making sure it was correct. Don't know what this means if anything (maybe a new process starting soon?). Anyone else get a call.
      Your aunt should know since she works in the recruitment unit. Let us know

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman119 View Post

Your aunt should know since she works in the recruitment unit. Let us know
        LOL, Amen to that.

Comment

• They’re putting 200 people through orientation for 112 spots in 159 and 160, with another academy in January. I wouldn’t hold your breath on another round of CJOs anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian1023 View Post
            They’re putting 200 people through orientation for 112 spots in 159 and 160, with another academy in January. I wouldn’t hold your breath on another round of CJOs anytime soon.
            Well it sounds like they’re still using this list for 2021 then.. still hoping there’s one more round of CJO’s for spring/summer academies next year. Guess we’ll find out by Oct.

Comment

• Wonder how they decided out of that 200 who gets in 159 and 160?

Comment

• Is it common for County to take that many extra people?

Comment

• So 200 people passed backgrounds and medicals already? Or was that just the background orientation?

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post
                    So 200 people passed backgrounds and medicals already? Or was that just the background orientation?
                    It was the academy orientation. No one that attended has received a final offer yet.

Comment

It was the academy orientation. No one that attended has received a final offer yet.
                      When would expect officials to go out for the first upcoming tower?

Comment

Gotcha thanks!

Comment

• We had people from the medic list, vband, and band 1 at the orientation. They said they didn’t know when offers were getting sent out and handed out documents for both class 159 and 160. They seemed to be in the dark as much as us because HR is sending out the offers not them.

Comment

• Highly doubt they are going to toss the list out. Stay positive. Class 157 had 50 Grads. That’s a ton of people that made it through and 158 was a bit lower but imagine what they are starting off with. You also have to pass the beep test which many underestimate. When we least expect it we will get it. Until we here they aren’t using the list let’s not speculate.

Comment

• Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as a 'numbers' person, i can see why the LACOFD wants to switch over to the LAFD hiring process. Seems like it would be a lot less expensive for them. If they spend less, they can hire more.

LAFD only issues CJO's if you clear backgrounds first, and get the nod from two Battalion Chiefs (panel review). After that, you go to medical and psych and then wait for a tower date.

The LACOFD process has them spending a bunch of money on medical and psych evaluations, plus getting a bunch of FF candidates excited with CJO's and orientations, when they may not even get through backgrounds.

Do I have this right?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020LAFD? View Post
                                Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as a 'numbers' person, i can see why the LACOFD wants to switch over to the LAFD hiring process. Seems like it would be a lot less expensive for them. If they spend less, they can hire more.

LAFD only issues CJO's if you clear backgrounds first, and get the nod from two Battalion Chiefs (panel review). After that, you go to medical and psych and then wait for a tower date.

The LACOFD process has them spending a bunch of money on medical and psych evaluations, plus getting a bunch of FF candidates excited with CJO's and orientations, when they may not even get through backgrounds.

Do I have this right?
                                County doesn’t do a psych eval. Also, so much of that isn’t a decision made by the FD but by HR, even with the current process. Captains have said during orientations that they don’t even know what’s going on and they can’t even contact HR about it, for example, tower start dates, size, duration etc

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X