No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just called on Monday to update my cpat and she asked me what was the last step I completed, told her interviewed April 1, and she said yes you need to email me a copy of it. I emailed her a copy and got a confirmation email 2 hours later.

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post

From the orientation there were a handful of people who had medic but not emt. And did not have a current cpat. Make sure you get a copy or have a copy of what this job announcement is calling for. Apparently it’s a problem, which is strange because you can do more as a medic
      Hold up..so if you have your medic license they also want to to have your emt?

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post

that doesn’t sound right at all. No need for you to have your EMT If you have your medic license.

Comment

• Idk! Read the job announcement...

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post

If you were selected for the FFT/EMT position they wanted you to have a valid copy of your emt cert

Comment

• Originally posted by Medic91 View Post

that doesn’t sound right at all. No need for you to have your EMT If you have your medic license.
              it didn’t make sense to me but that’s what they said at orientation. I don’t know if there was a misunderstanding or what.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuttingedge237 View Post
                I just called on Monday to update my cpat and she asked me what was the last step I completed, told her interviewed April 1, and she said yes you need to email me a copy of it. I emailed her a copy and got a confirmation email 2 hours later.
                Did they ask you to email the updated certs to the [email protected] email address?

Comment

• I’m a medic. I submitted a copy of my medic card. I did not get an email saying to submit a copy of an EMT card. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Comment

• *****One of following non-probationary EMT certification(s)/license must remain current and valid for six (6) months beyond the date of appointment.
                    A: EMT or Advanced EMT certification issued by an approved California certifying agency/entity.
                    OR
                    B: EMT, Advanced EMT, or Paramedic certification issued by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians and a current CPR card equivalent to American Heart Association or Red Cross Basic Life Support (online CPR courses are not accepted).
                    OR
                    C: EMT Paramedic License issued by the California Emergency Medical Services Authority.
                    It is the candidate's responsibility to maintain one of the above listed non-probationary certification(s)/license current and valid for six (6) months beyond the date of appointment.Applicants who do not have one of the EMT certificate(s)/license listed above, but are currently enrolled in a program that will result in obtaining one of the required EMT certification(s)/license, may apply to this examination; however applicants will be withheld from the eligibility list until an official copy of a valid EMT certificate(s)/license is submitted. Applicants must provide proof of current enrollment in a program that will result in obtaining one of the required EMT certificate(s)/license.

Maybe because you have to work as ff/emt while on probation? Either way it says as long as you have one of these..I mean I can get my emt back if I need too.
                    Last edited by AIQ; 07-08-2020, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian1023 View Post
                      I’m a medic. I submitted a copy of my medic card. I did not get an email saying to submit a copy of an EMT card. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.
                      Thank you.

Comment

• I just think it was more of a formality but he had all of the people that were missing it call him after the meeting.

Comment

• It’ll be interesting for the people who have been medics for a while..i think if your emt is lapsed after a certain time period you have to redo the whole class. I’m not sure how long that is tho

Comment

• During the orientation they said we could submit our medic license (which I did and had no issues). I got assigned a BI two days later after I dropped off my packet.

Comment

• Well there is a bright side to all of us who haven't received a CJO...We do have until Oct to get one. The captain did say "If you haven't receive one by Oct." so that tells me there still going to send them out till then, he could of just said "it's over." Keep the faith there's always light at the end of a tunnel!!!

Comment

• Who do you call to send your CPAT? Just did mine today

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X