Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Seattle Fire 2019 Test

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
    What do you need to score on NTN to move on in the process?
    I do know everything is Pass or Fail except the HR questions which you may need a 80 on, don't quote me on it since I can't remember from the 2018 process. I do know you won't know any scores until after the initial interview. Took my exam in June and was just checking my scores today on how I did and it showed them posting them early Sept. So figure up to a month after the initial interviews stop and when they're getting ready to invite people for the pre-screening exams. I'll help out with any questions I can about the process from what I remember. I'm back in this process due to messing up my Chief interview. One thing I will say is you get what you put into the process and if you really want it you will get it.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by USMC-0311/2192 View Post

      I do know everything is Pass or Fail except the HR questions which you may need a 80 on, don't quote me on it since I can't remember from the 2018 process. I do know you won't know any scores until after the initial interview. Took my exam in June and was just checking my scores today on how I did and it showed them posting them early Sept. So figure up to a month after the initial interviews stop and when they're getting ready to invite people for the pre-screening exams. I'll help out with any questions I can about the process from what I remember. I'm back in this process due to messing up my Chief interview. One thing I will say is you get what you put into the process and if you really want it you will get it.
      Ahh so you interview before you find out your score? Their website says they usually only take the top 25% so I figured you'd need a mid to high 90 to move on in the process.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

        Ahh so you interview before you find out your score? Their website says they usually only take the top 25% so I figured you'd need a mid to high 90 to move on in the process.
        So from what I remember they took about 180ish to pre-screening and interviewed 90 or so from that for Chief. I was low 100's with an average score of around 92. My two exams were about an average of 96 but interview was low 80's. They are grading the interview a little more this time around, which is what I'm working on. They add Veteran Pref Points after initial interview for your list score.

        Comment


        • #34
          Any idea how many people applied/tested?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
            Any idea how many people applied/tested?
            That I do not know applied, but I know tested will be around 2000 most likely.

            Comment


            • #36
              I wasn't able to get up to Washington to take my NTN, they changed my test date 2 days before my flight... really kinda screwed me.. I won't have time to get up there now. Best of luck to all those going through the process.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by USMC-0311/2192 View Post

                That I do not know applied, but I know tested will be around 2000 most likely.
                I'm surprised at only 2,000

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

                  I'm surprised at only 2,000
                  So now that I'm home and not working went back and found 5500-6000 tested last time. Think 1500-2000 were asked for interviews.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Testing closed yesterday!, good luck everybody!

                    Comment

                    300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                    Collapse

                    Upper 300x250

                    Collapse

                    Taboola

                    Collapse

                    Leader

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X