Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Seattle Fire 2019 Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Fire 2019 Test

Seattle will open an entry level application period in October with video testing (Fire TEAM) mid-October through Mid-December with Oral Boards in early 2020. This will get SFD back on the previous schedule of testing, since there was a year delay to create the 2018 list. I believe the first class hired off of the 2019 test will be for the August 2020 list. Expectations were that the 2018 test (2019 register) would fill the Aug 2020 class. That will not be the case. Only 3 classes will go in off of the current list.

More info as it becomes available.

Originally posted by GRNFT View Post
    Seattle will open an entry level application period in October with video testing (Fire TEAM) mid-October through Mid-December with Oral Boards in early 2020. This will get SFD back on the previous schedule of testing, since there was a year delay to create the 2018 list. I believe the first class hired off of the 2019 test will be for the August 2020 list. Expectations were that the 2018 test (2019 register) would fill the Aug 2020 class. That will not be the case. Only 3 classes will go in off of the current list.

More info as it becomes available.
    Do you happen to know if they require you to take the test in Seattle? I took FireTeam in March with NTN and got an average of a 90. I know some departments require you to take a separate test for them. thanks for the info!!

Comment

SFD did require you to take it in WA (offered at several spots) in 2018. I don't know if they will make that requirement again this year. I'll ask.

Comment

SFD did require you to take it in WA (offered at several spots) in 2018. I don't know if they will make that requirement again this year. I'll ask.
        Sweet, thanks for all the info!

Comment

Question for you...if i have my ifsac in ff1 ff2 hazmat ops am i able to still apply and test with seattle or would i have to go through a lateral process? I know houston fd use to have two different hiring processes, one for no cert and one for ceetified. Didnt know if seattle does the same. Thanks again!

Comment

Only one process for SFD. No laterals.

Comment

Good luck to everyone in the process! I have sat on the oral board and have seen the common pitfalls that close the door for the aspiring candidate. Feel free to message me if you would like help in the process. The resume needs to be clear, concise, tell a story and list achievements along with responsibilities. The panel has anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to figure out if they want to work with you for the next 20 or 30 years.

Comment

For those of us on this current list what are our chances if we did the 1st round of chief interviews and weren?t selected for either 2019 academy?

Comment

Cool following!!

Comment

Just got an email from the city today. Looking forward to testing this year.

Comment

Got the email as well. Can?t wait!!

Comment

Looks like I will have to go to Washington to take the NTN, oh well. Glad to see this posted.

Comment

Originally posted by KP85 View Post
                          Looks like I will have to go to Washington to take the NTN, oh well. Glad to see this posted.
                          Yea it is a bummer we have to travel their to take the NTN test but Seattle would be a kick *** place to work

Comment

Does anyone know what the pension rate in Seattle is? And can you transfer/buy time from another career department?

Comment

Originally posted by Medic_Smith View Post
                              Got the email as well. Can?t wait!!
                              That's exciting for you, nice!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader