Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chifire88
    replied
    damn!! Okay sweet, I will give them a ring Friday morning and try to get there after work in time. Thanks for the heads up

[QUOTE=Firedawg1983;n2127372

I was there Friday morning. I asked them at each step how I did. (I knew I passed everything already because I did the same tests maybe two months ago for the department I’m on). I did ask them if I could get a copy of my results and they said give them a call this Friday and they should have everything ready if you want a copy of your results but you have to go in person to get them [/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• Firedawg1983
    replied
    Originally posted by Chifire88 View Post
    In reply to all. I just went this past Friday I was just trying to get an idea from anyone who went the previous week.

Did not seem like any issues there, just was curious in regards to any test sent out. Hopefully no news will be good news. Thanks all.
    I was there Friday morning. I asked them at each step how I did. (I knew I passed everything already because I did the same tests maybe two months ago for the department I’m on). I did ask them if I could get a copy of my results and they said give them a call this Friday and they should have everything ready if you want a copy of your results but you have to go in person to get them

Leave a comment:

• Chifire88
    replied
    In reply to all. I just went this past Friday I was just trying to get an idea from anyone who went the previous week.

Did not seem like any issues there, just was curious in regards to any test sent out. Hopefully no news will be good news. Thanks all.

Leave a comment:

• Rmacfire4491
    replied
    When I spoke to them they said they would have everything submitted and sent to the city with in a week. And the cfd doctors would review it. If you don’t hear anything your good to go no news is good news

Leave a comment:

• Firedawg1983
    replied
    Anyone have any idea how long it would take them to get back to us if something would have been wrong with medical? TIA
    Did you ask them how you did throughout medical?

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline54
    replied
    Anyone have any idea how long it would take them to get back to us if something would have been wrong with medical? TIA
    When did you go to medical?

Leave a comment:

• Chifire88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lou_gee
    replied
    Computer-based testing would be amazing! Well, based on all of your replies maybe I’ll skip the prep course and just pray that my lucky stars align with a low number, somewhat speedy processing, and a class at least a few months before two years from now

Thank you all for replying! I will continue stalking for the time being. Good luck again to those waiting!

Leave a comment:

• engine85
    replied
    Hiring from a new list probably won’t happen for at least a year. A new test may be computer based, which means faster to administer, grade and hire from. A previous list did use the last digits of your social security number, but the last list was randomized by using an algorithm. Even with the number one on a new list it will take six months to process. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Firedawg1983
    replied
    Originally posted by lou_gee View Post
    One last question, is the test common sense? I heard the 2014 test had a lot of math questions, but it seemed like it was area and perimeter type of questions.

I know people who have taken a test prep course for other departments and they are offering a course. I wonder if it’s worth the $400-$500.
    If you have Facebook go on Second Battalion CFD page and he posted up the test packet that we took. Honestly I wouldn’t waste the money on a test prep but that’s personal preference. It’s basic knowledge stuff. Yeah you will have some perimeters area stuff on there.

I'm a prior Air Force firefighter so I’ve got vets preference. As long as it starts right before Christmas time and I’m in for final processing I’m good to go!

Leave a comment:

• lou_gee
    replied
    One last question, is the test common sense? I heard the 2014 test had a lot of math questions, but it seemed like it was area and perimeter type of questions.

I know people who have taken a test prep course for other departments and they are offering a course. I wonder if it’s worth the $400-$500.

Leave a comment:

• lou_gee
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrenaline54 View Post

I would take it. You have nothing to loose in taking it, just don’t have your expectations high on getting processed in time. But, you might be extremely lucky and get in. Do you have any preferences? That could change everything.

Only CPS preference, Adrenaline. I don’t think that really counts for much

Good luck, Fire! I was reading several pages worth of posts on here yesterday, so it seems like you’re close. Hopefully the next class is scheduled earlier than anticipated.

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline54
    replied
    Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some insight from some of you hopefuls as well as some of you on the inside. I recently turned 36 and know there are talks of a new test, but no word when. Reading posts on here, I know it can take months just to grade the test and then a while longer to actually start the process on the new list.

At this point, would I likely age out by the time a class from the new test is made? I know it depends on lottery numbers too, but even getting a good number, is it likely that a class from a new test would start in under two years?

Thanks in advance and good luck to those moving along in the process!
    I would take it. You have nothing to loose in taking it, just don’t have your expectations high on getting processed in time. But, you might be extremely lucky and get in. Do you have any preferences? That could change everything.

Leave a comment:

• Firedawg1983
    replied

Thanks for your reply! I know several people have lucked out by BARELY making it into a class before their 38th bday, but reading posts here bummed me out; I also know there are people that barely missed it and people who age out before their number is called.

I once read that lottery numbers also depend upon socials, does anyone know if that’s true? For example, if your social ends in 0, you get a lower number. I think I read that here, but it’s been such a long time I can’t remember exactly where I saw that.
    I’ll hopefully make it in the December academy by a couple of weeks before aging out. It’s possible and worth it so I’m going for it! No one knows how the lottery system works. I would wait and see when they decide to do the next test and go from there on your age at that point.

Leave a comment:

• lou_gee
    replied
    Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

Earliest the new test would be is next year sometime, they usually don’t pull off the new list for about a year but with few showing up to processing you never know. Processing itself I would say on average is about 7 months. It all depends on how many vacancies need to be filled and up to the city. You would be very close to aging out
    Thanks for your reply! I know several people have lucked out by BARELY making it into a class before their 38th bday, but reading posts here bummed me out; I also know there are people that barely missed it and people who age out before their number is called.

I once read that lottery numbers also depend upon socials, does anyone know if that’s true? For example, if your social ends in 0, you get a lower number. I think I read that here, but it’s been such a long time I can’t remember exactly where I saw that.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X