• Show
Clear All

• IceyBlue
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Firedawg1983
    replied
    Originally posted by RescueChi View Post

Awesome thank you. One more question. Does the cpat have to be valid through the initial processing date or valid through the first day of the academy? Hr mentioned the next class would be December. I turned in a complete packet but my cpat expires in September.
    CPAT has to be active the first day of the academy. I would plan on getting that redone soon

Leave a comment:

• RescueChi
    replied
    Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

It’s usually around two weeks to a month before they contact you.
    Awesome thank you. One more question. Does the cpat have to be valid through the initial processing date or valid through the first day of the academy? Hr mentioned the next class would be December. I turned in a complete packet but my cpat expires in September.

Leave a comment:

• Firedawg1983
    replied
    Originally posted by RescueChi View Post
    Hello All, just did initial processing on May 17th and I was wondering if it has typically been a month between processing and the bi? Or was it faster because the last group had an opportunity to join the May class?
    It’s usually around two weeks to a month before they contact you.

Leave a comment:

• RescueChi
    replied
    Hello All, just did initial processing on May 17th and I was wondering if it has typically been a month between processing and the bi? Or was it faster because the last group had an opportunity to join the May class?

Leave a comment:

• IceyBlue
    replied
    Second Batallion just posted again on the page saying only 37 people showed up today for processing…. Not sure exactly how many were invited but just make sure everyone is keeping an eye out on their email! Good luck also!

Leave a comment:

• Firedawg1983
    replied
    Originally posted by zachnash33 View Post
    Does anyone know where to send your official transcripts for initial processing?

They say in the email “transcripts sent by the school or hand carried in sealed envelope” but don’t provide where to send them to if you get them directly to the school. Any help would be appreciated!
    HR. Also no idea on what has changed w the drug rule. I know it used to be you would have to waive if you had any chance of failing. Not sure if they have laxed on it or not

Leave a comment:

• zachnash33
    replied
    Does anyone have any details on the drug test for initial processing? If you fail for only marijuana at initial, are you able to still move on in the process or are you kicked out right away?

Leave a comment:

• zachnash33
    replied
    Does anyone know where to send your official transcripts for initial processing?

They say in the email “transcripts sent by the school or hand carried in sealed envelope” but don’t provide where to send them to if you get them directly to the school. Any help would be appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Firedawg1983
    replied
    Originally posted by Esmitty124 View Post
    For anyone else that had to do the step test, did you have the place you used fax it in or go to academy south and turn it in?
    You can email it to medical.

Leave a comment:

• Esmitty124
    replied
    For anyone else that had to do the step test, did you have the place you used fax it in or go to academy south and turn it in?

Leave a comment:

• Firedawg1983
    replied
    You have to be a resident buy your first day of the Academy. They will do the home check afterwards when you start the Academy. During processing you can still live out of state but once you start you have to reside within the city limits.There were about 25 of us that lived out of the city before we started in the current Academy they did home checks after we started. It is possible I moved about two weeks or less before my start date for the Academy you need to make sure you have a drivers license and everything else lease rental agreement etc.

Leave a comment:

• Rp414
    replied
    I live out of state and went through initial processing in February. About a month after processing, the BI called me and did a phone interview. There was a few times we had conversations about things he needed. I passed background and now HR has my packet. I’m waiting on medical now. You have to live in the city by the first day of the academy, no exceptions. If you saw the previous posts about people being called for final processing, they only had about 9 days until the academy started. So it can move very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• zachnash33
    replied
    Can anybody give some background on a situation if you live out of state after you go through initial processing, but will drop everything and move to Chicago if they call and invite you to the academy. Is this possible? Is it common? Or how would they do home visits if you were out of state? Just seeing if someone who’s out of state would still be given the chance to start the academy if they can move back to chicago in time

Leave a comment:

• IceyBlue
    replied
    Update, I messaged him and asked if this will conclude the 8th, and he said that it depends on how many get called. Said there’s still 700 left for the 8th referral. Doubt they’ll call all 700. But hopefully they get the whole thing in before they scrap it.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X