Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Njh109 View Post

That is completely wrong. Marijuana is state legal and not federal. Even if it was federal, they still would test for it. Same with CPD - too much liability. You will get hair/**** tested for ALL drugs at initial processing. Then **** tested there after at each time you get called for processing/medical
    Just came from processing and it turns out this is not completely wrong. It is completely correct. They literally made an announcement to everyone. Just can’t have it in your system at the time of hire. Again, marijuana is ok... but only for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fireforce96 View Post
      Just came from processing and it turns out this is not completely wrong. It is completely correct. They literally made an announcement to everyone. Just can’t have it in your system at the time of hire. Again, marijuana is ok... but only for now.
      That’s great info to pass along to a lot of people who are worried about it. I’ve steered clear of it for awhile now but good to see that they are adapting.

How was the rest of processing? Number of people, number of completed applications, number of people who have CPATS, live in Chicago, etc.? Any clues on to when the next medical will be or possible academy date?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anxiousguy2 View Post

That’s great info to pass along to a lot of people who are worried about it. I’ve steered clear of it for awhile now but good to see that they are adapting.

How was the rest of processing? Number of people, number of completed applications, number of people who have CPATS, live in Chicago, etc.? Any clues on to when the next medical will be or possible academy date?
        i processed today. I would say maybe around 50ish people i think? not 100% sure. We were placed in two separate rooms. Room i was in no one had their CPAT. There was quite a few people that were missing college and high school transcripts.

As for medical, not sure. They said background takes about 4-6 weeks to come back. You WONT move on to the medical if you don't have a CPAT in your file.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is anywhere to get the cpat or is every place closed right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy1089 View Post

i processed today. I would say maybe around 50ish people i think? not 100% sure. We were placed in two separate rooms. Room i was in no one had their CPAT. There was quite a few people that were missing college and high school transcripts.

As for medical, not sure. They said background takes about 4-6 weeks to come back. You WONT move on to the medical if you don't have a CPAT in your file.
            Background comes back 4-6 weeks after processing date or after you are notified that they started your BI? I processed 3/6 but have not been notified that BI has started yet. Would figure that would be within next week or so unless covid delays that

Comment

• Originally posted by hcc2323 View Post

Background comes back 4-6 weeks after processing date or after you are notified that they started your BI? I processed 3/6 but have not been notified that BI has started yet. Would figure that would be within next week or so unless covid delays that
              I processed in November and BI came out at the end of January although my number was near bottom of 6th referral

Comment

• Originally posted by A3887 View Post
                Does anyone know if there is anywhere to get the cpat or is every place closed right now?
                All CPATS are closed right now. Naperville isn’t going to up and running most likely till May and idk about home wood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob1738 View Post

All CPATS are closed right now. Naperville isn’t going to up and running most likely till May and idk about home wood.
                  Homewood I believe will be up and running again 4/8. I’ll have to double check that date but I believe that is correct

Comment

• Originally posted by hcc2323 View Post

Same here... Processed same date, haven’t heard anything from BI either, I had a complete packet along with CPAT. Fingers Crossed they keep processing, that way when they do have a class we’ll be ready.

Comment

• Firedog you always come through with an answer . Thanks again. I’m going to keep and eye out for that Homewood location.

Comment

• Originally posted by A3887 View Post
                        Firedog you always come through with an answer . Thanks again. I’m going to keep and eye out for that Homewood location.
                        Here is the link. Get ahold of them and see if you can get scheduled. You’re welcome. This forum is to help everyone out.

​​​​​​http://mabas24.org/index.php/cpat?fb...C1tBS49zhWBAZg

Comment

• Anyone know how far away they are from 36xx? (No preference)
                          Last edited by Dsjr1215; 03-26-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fireforce96 View Post
                            Good to know, hope it works out
                            Last edited by JDShamrock10; 03-27-2020, 04:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anxiousguy2 View Post

Yea man I’m hoping down the line a firefighter can get a medical card and not lose his job over it. I’ve been clean for about a month and a half now and my god the nightmares are extreme. As for your questions looks like tommy had the best answer for you. And sorry but no clues on the next start date man. As for people who say to wait to get their CPAT so it doesn’t expire... sorry but don’t listen to that. Get it ASAP. Like tommy said, no one had it and they will not invite you for a medical without it.

Comment

• Anyone know what number they're at for vet preference?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X