No announcement yet.

Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point with what’s going with corona virus, incomplete documents and not having a good state of mind to go through the process without blowing it I may just defer. Is it as simple as emailing HR or does anyone know how I can I do that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chitownhopeful View Post
      At this point with what’s going with corona virus, incomplete documents and not having a good state of mind to go through the process without blowing it I may just defer. Is it as simple as emailing HR or does anyone know how I can I do that ?
      Yes or just get the form from someone on here. Fill out top portion and email it to them. Don’t sweat it, people defer all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

Yes or just get the form from someone on here. Fill out top portion and email it to them. Don’t sweat it, people defer all the time.
        Can someone please share the form with me. I can reach out to you with my email. Thanks!

Comment

• Any details on how today’s initial processing went? How many people were there, how many people had coats, live in Chicago, etc.

Comment

• They took our temps as we entered. Made us wear masks all day. Split us into 2 rooms. I wanna say roughly 50 ppl showed up and about 10 or so got up and left before the drug test. Said they will not move anyone forward with processing till they have their cpat. Only me and 1 other had CPATs At first they were not gonna do the urine and fingerprints. But then loaded us in vans and took us to police headquarters to get it done. Low probability of a May class based on current events.

Comment

• Was supposed to take my CPAT test on 28th, NTN just emailed and are canceling classes indefinitely, of course with a free voucher if you already paid. However I’m rescheduled to the 18th hopefully COVID-19 lets up by then if not I don’t see me making the May class if that’s evening happening anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post
                They took our temps as we entered. Made us wear masks all day. Split us into 2 rooms. I wanna say roughly 50 ppl showed up and about 10 or so got up and left before the drug test. Said they will not move anyone forward with processing till they have their cpat. Only me and 1 other had CPATs At first they were not gonna do the urine and fingerprints. But then loaded us in vans and took us to police headquarters to get it done. Low probability of a May class based on current events.
                Wow so all the guys who didn’t have the CPAT didn’t do finger printing or urine tests? Or anything in processing plus no May Class?

Comment

• They did do urine and hair. But they said their file will sit until a cpat is attached to it. And they said there might be a May class but based on what’s going on they said it may be delayed.

Comment

• Heard from an instructor who was told Friday as of now there will be no change in academy classes. Obviously that’s a stretch for how far out the class is, but at the same time good news for those having a shot at the May class

Comment

• Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

I was told by HR I must mail it in when I requested the form. I sent it via email also and got a very quick email in red bold letters the address to send via mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jbon View Post

I was told by HR I must mail it in when I requested the form. I sent it via email also and got a very quick email in red bold letters the address to send via mail.
                        Really that’s new.

Comment

I emailed them and never heard back. Someone here helped with me the form and I emailed it. Can you give me the mailing address please. I’ll mail it in too.

Comment

• 1338 S Clinton St Chicago IL 60607

Comment

• Originally posted by Chitownhopeful View Post

I emailed them and never heard back. Someone here helped with me the form and I emailed it. Can you give me the mailing address please. I’ll mail it in too.
                              I know it makes me nervous they dont respond. I emailed yesterday just asking if they recieved the letter in the mail and no response. I sent it via email also but I was supposed to report today to bring in paperwork but could not make it. I hope this does not mess things up.

Comment

I know it makes me nervous they dont respond. I emailed yesterday just asking if they recieved the letter in the mail and no response. I sent it via email also but I was supposed to report today to bring in paperwork but could not make it. I hope this does not mess things up.
                                It won’t. Don’t worry. They will get back to you, it just takes them a few days.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X