Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chisox1 View Post
    I take it if you haven?t done your medical yet there prolly no shot for June?
    Chisox when did you initial? And have you had contact with your BI?

Comment

I take it if you haven?t done your medical yet there prolly no shot for June?
      I wouldn?t rule it out! I think someone in here had a medical done a week before the academy and then did final processing the first day off. Another person also started the academy in the second week. I may be mistaken but that was in the original thread.

Comment

I initially processed on August and had my background about a month ago

Comment

I initially processed on August and had my background about a month ago
          Was it that long before you heard anything from your BI or did they call you shortly after your initial processing day?

Comment

It is pretty interesting that some people had initial processing in March and have heard from BI already while some people processed in August 2018 and pretty recently heard back from BI. I wonder how that works.

Anyway, long time lurker, first time poster. I initially processed in March, non pref 7**. I have not heard anything since and am in contact with a couple people from my processing. They have not heard anything from anyone either and I?m the only one out of the group that has my CPAT. It seems that is the same story from posters on here (for the most part). I?m just patiently waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by FireMedic1105 View Post

Was it that long before you heard anything from your BI or did they call you shortly after your initial processing day?
              My first contact from an investigator was in April and I got the home inspection right away.

Comment

Originally posted by AsYouAre2019 View Post
                It is pretty interesting that some people had initial processing in March and have heard from BI already while some people processed in August 2018 and pretty recently heard back from BI. I wonder how that works.

Anyway, long time lurker, first time poster. I initially processed in March, non pref 7**. I have not heard anything since and am in contact with a couple people from my processing. They have not heard anything from anyone either and I?m the only one out of the group that has my CPAT. It seems that is the same story from posters on here (for the most part). I?m just patiently waiting.
                Sounds like you and I are one in the same. Processed in beginning of March and the only contact I have had is an email from HR regarding my CPAT( i sent it to them and had to email again to finally get confirmation.) I know of people who had higher #s than myself who recieved a phone call from a BI already. I keep hearing to be patient and positive. Easier said than done! But it's nice to know that I'm not alone in all this!

Comment

Well boys and girls, check your emails!
                  Literally just got my invitation for the 9th to due medical.
                  My BI told me he turned my packet in at the end of April, and with medical processing this week, I'm thinking June is happening.
                  Be on the look out!

Comment

How many people are still out there from the last processing pool? If you're in the March processing, what are the odds you'd be in June? I report Thursday for medical and am keeping my boss informed of everything, but there's a lot of loose ends I'd need to tie up.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacking18 View Post
                      How many people are still out there from the last processing pool? If you're in the March processing, what are the odds you'd be in June? I report Thursday for medical and am keeping my boss informed of everything, but there's a lot of loose ends I'd need to tie up.
                      I remember hearing someone saying they got word from higher up that there are 40 ish open seats yet to be filled.

with hr stating they were possibly going to use the March processing pool to start filling the extra June seats.

i don?t know but if i got called by my BI a couple weeks after and now medical, I feel like they are moving fast so perhaps myself and anyone else in the same boat are getting June.

but like always, there?s so many variables and uncertainties so don?t do anything with your current employer until you get that final processing start date email.

Comment

• Question..when do you have to have your CPAT during the process? Do they want it right after initial processing? Do people with it get called first to be in the coming class or do they just want it by your start time? Just trying to plan ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by bull36 View Post
                          Question..when do you have to have your CPAT during the process? Do they want it right after initial processing? Do people with it get called first to be in the coming class or do they just want it by your start time? Just trying to plan ahead.
                          You technically need to have it by the hire date, so day one of your class. They technically dont require it for initial processing simply because your CPAT is only
                          good for a year but they do ask if anyone happens to have it already because they will be front loaded to a seat.

They officually request us to go get our cpats and discuss it during initially process and then it becomes a first come first served situation. You?d be surprised how many don?t bother getting it until they see the hire email, and they think they can just go schedule a CPAT test somewhere last minute. No CPAT by start date, no seat.

With that being said, the sooner your folder is filled that they give you during initial which has a section for CPAT, the sooner they send you to the BI process. And in return the sooner you finish everything you become ready for them to place into the academy.

I happened to have it in hand and she signed my file as completed so the only thing that kept me from starting the BI process when I left initial was the drug screen results which takes two weeks to return usually.

my advice? Go get it ASAP. And if for some reason you aren?t called within your year expiration, to get another one. Hate to say it but the sooner the better, the more fulfilled you keep your file the faster they will get to it.

first come first serves. Stay on track of your stuff, make sure your background packet is thorough and honest. Whatever your BI officer asks of you, make it a priority.
                          Last edited by ThatguyFF-P; 05-07-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Thanks a lot FF-P I appreciate the heads up and informative advice

Comment

• I don?t understand how cheap people are at spending the $150 to get a $100,000.00 GED job. Get as soon as possible and if you need to retake then spend another $150.

Comment

• Originally posted by bull36 View Post
                                Thanks a lot FF-P I appreciate the heads up and informative advice
                                Absolutely. Best of luck.

engine85 youre telling me. Those who want it, will fight to do whatever it takes to get it. I just hope that those who get it, deserve it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X