Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bungalow View Post
    I might be wrong but from what I have been hearing it seems around 30 or so people from 5th referral had their medical a few months back and are waiting for an academy. There might be some others from the 5th referral who had medical prior to that and also waiting for an academy. Then the 6th referral happened and an unknown amount of people were called for medical on the 14th (hopefully somebody will post number tomorrow).

So those who got picked for medical have a good chance for next academy.

I have my fingers crossed they somehow need more people to fill the next academy and will be a lucky last minute person.
    I am on 5th referral who went in for Medical Scheduling Nov. 26th, there was roughly 40 individuals that day.

Comment

• How’d it go today?

Comment

• Around 43 people showed up. Mrs. Hammond said Feb 18 start date for those with CPAT and upon successful completion of medical exam. She also said the next class should start around May, but no firm date is set as of yet. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by kpk93 View Post
          Around 43 people showed up. Mrs. Hammond said Feb 18 start date for those with CPAT and upon successful completion of medical exam. She also said the next class should start around May, but no firm date is set as of yet. Good luck to everyone.
          So the 7th referral’s class will be in May or that still the 6th referral ?

Comment

• Man I turned in a complete packet day of processing Nov. 14th and I got nothing from BI.
            Including a CPAT
            maybe it’s all for a reason!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chitownhopeful View Post

So the 7th referral’s class will be in May or that still the 6th referral ?
              Possibly both. Some from 6th. I processed back in July. Don’t quote me on that though.

Comment

• I’m from the 6th referral, waiting on the BI to finish the investigation, so I’m already looking at May class.

Comment

• what lottery number are you? Maybe they call in order. I’m 1,98x I also processed the 14th and have a complete packet with CPAT and have not heard from BI.
                  Originally posted by Tjay0329 View Post
                  Man I turned in a complete packet day of processing Nov. 14th and I got nothing from BI.
                  Including a CPAT
                  maybe it’s all for a reason!

Comment

• May’s Class is gonna be a high speed class!
                    #Veterans

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay0329 View Post
                      May’s Class is gonna be a high speed class!
                      #Veterans
                      They mix it up. We have about 14 vets in our class now. They don’t put all vets they will mix it up.

Comment

• kpk93 out of curiosity. What medical dates did they give you guys. Any this week? Or is all from next week on?

Comment

• Originally posted by ersjr88 View Post
                          kpk93 out of curiosity. What medical dates did they give you guys. Any this week? Or is all from next week on?
                          They got medical appointments as soon as the next day and that run until I believe the 22nd. All sign up days have multiple time slots. First come first serve, so get there early.

Comment

• Hey guys went to my medical appointment yesterday in Bellwood and the Dr was really nice. She told me I passed everything (eyes,hearing,lung capacity,eeg on treadmill) but the blood labs they won’t know for a few days. Really excited about this Ms Hammond told us at scheduling if we pass the medical we will all be in the Feb 18th class! For those who already started the academy Can you tell me what we need to bring two final processing so I could start getting stuff ahead of time? Thanks I appreciate it!

Comment

• Hey does anyone know how long the Academy is and how much is starting salary?

Comment

• Originally posted by matt1986 View Post
                                Hey does anyone know how long the Academy is and how much is starting salary?
                                Academy is 6 months. First 3 months is EMT and last 3 is Fire

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X