Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sub1234 View Post

Your BI may still be conducting your background. He will contact you to setup your home visit and if he needs any additional info. As far as the CPAT, you are good. Just have it ready to submit again if they call. Also have a couple vacation days ready to use just in case you receive a medical email after the BI. You may have to do a follow-up with their Doctor as well. Patience is all that I can say.
    So as far as patience goes you're right..but I can only sit on my hands for so long...I've been reading the old forum and now this one and have seen people who have higher #s than myself being called by a BI. The day I was there, I just so happened to be one of the last people to turn my documents because it was in order of how you got released. People who have gone through this process have you found this to be the case? Do I need to contact HR and make sure that everyevery is going status quo? I just want to make sure there aren't any mistakes being made!

Comment

I?ll
      Originally posted by biff592 View Post

Not sure how accurate the new numbers are (Engine85 has been pretty solid with his intel, however). I got the vet preference email to make sure my vet documentation was in order, however I didn't get a confirmation email once I submitted (unlike other vets who seem to got there confirmation late March). I'm 12,0xx. So hopefully I'm in the next referral list, but projected for a later class, which is why I haven't received my vet preference confirmation*. Anyone else in a same or similar boat?

*Note: I did email CFD HR and they confirmed my veteran preference, but also stated that "The CFD has not reached your lottery number at this time."
      I?m in the 11,xxx vet preference (prior Air Force Firefighter) I?ll have to email them as well to make sure everything of mine is in order. I haven?t heard a word from anyone. Guess I need to make sure everything is up to date then.

Comment

Anyone have a referral/recommendation of where to get the CPAT done in Illinois?

Comment

Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post
          Anyone have a referral/recommendation of where to get the CPAT done in Illinois?
          I believe Homewood, IL. has a testing facility for CPAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post
            NIPSTA in Glenview, IL. is another testing facility up north.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. I found a list of sites. I will probably get it done in Naperville as their CPAT schedule works for me

Comment

Doesn?t CFD only accept Homewood and NIPSTA? And they prefer NIPSTA?

Comment

Originally posted by bull36 View Post
                  I?ll have to check on that

Comment

You can get your CPAT from any accredited program. I got mine in California from FCTC.

Comment

Originally posted by bull36 View Post
                      Just to clarify to all that are wondering, per the words of Hammond when I went through initial.

it does not matter where you get your CPAT from, you could go anywhere in the US, all that matters is that:

1) it must be valid with it the year of your testing from day 1 of academy.
                      2) it has YOUR name on it.
                      3) it has the IAFF-IAFC SANCTIONED acknowledgement within the verbiage of your certificate.

Comment

Last edited by navy1234; 05-04-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Anybody get a call or email for June ?

Comment

Originally posted by matt1986 View Post
                            Anybody get a call or email for June ?
                            It may happen this coming Friday. Usually the Department sends out emails on those days. If not then the 17th would be highly likely.

Comment

I take it if you haven?t done your medical yet there prolly no shot for June?

Comment

Hi guys, i have a quick question, so it looks like I'm going to called on the next referral, and i was curious what issues led to people not being hired or admitted to the academy after being called. I am not worried about the drug test and i recently passed the CPAT. I have hopped around a few jobs the past few years, would that be an issue? I just want to make sure i have everything in order. Thanks for the help

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X