Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thomas303 View Post

Is state of WI acceptable ti Illinois?
    Look up the reciprocity for each state. That?ll let you know.

Comment

• Anyone new here can visit my Facebook page ?Second Battalion Cfd ?, it lists referrals and other hiring issues. I post more there than here. Good luck all!

Comment

• Random question Anyone know if juvenile or minor incident on police background check comes up - would that be grounds for disqualification - Even if no charges went through as a result
        -thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by TS_01 View Post
          Random question Anyone know if juvenile or minor incident on police background check comes up - would that be grounds for disqualification - Even if no charges went through as a result
          -thanks
          You should be fine. No felony no conviction as a juvenile. They will ask about it if they find it though.

Comment

• I?ve emailed HR a copy of my CPAT card and no response for a few weeks now. Thoughts on taking it directly up to HR or does it not matter to them until the process starts?

Comment

• Just received my 6th referral Foia, and it hasn?t been released yet. I resubmitted the Foia again. Will be two weeks until I get another answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS_01 View Post
                Random question Anyone know if juvenile or minor incident on police background check comes up - would that be grounds for disqualification - Even if no charges went through as a result
                -thanks
                Have to be convicted although they do ask if you've ever been arrested

Comment

• Any solid info on the next academy start date? Latest I heard was looking like October/November...Also any advice going in as far as exercise preparation? Also do you start health insurance the right away?
                  Last edited by Emporer27; 08-08-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• November looks to be the next class

Comment

• Hello everyone.

New to the forum, but I have been following. The insight that has been provided through this forum is greatly appreciated (special thanks to Engine-85 for keeping all the CFD-hopefuls up to date with the hiring process).

I know that the department of Human Resources is very busy, but I was hoping to get some insight on what we should expect as the next step in the hiring process for all those who processed on 7/17/19. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was mentioned during processing that the CFD Academy would like to have one more class this year and one in early spring next year. Will everyone who was processed on 7/17/19 receive an invite to one of those two classes (assuming they pass the background investigation and medical)?? Also, does having your CPAT put you ahead of those you were processed with or it doesn't matter as long as you have your CPAT on day 1 of the academy?? I honestly don't think I will be able to go for my CPAT until the last week of Aug (first week of Sept the latest), other then that my file is complete.

Thanks

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I have one more question. Does anyone know if 4 years of pension contribution (both in money and service) with the City of Chicago (that is NOT Chicago Police Department) carries over into the CFD?? Example: Working for Streets and Sanitation or the Department of Water Management. Also, will a City of Chicago Differ Comp contribution carry over to The Chicago Fire Department Differ Comp system?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD-Hopeful View Post
                          Hello everyone,

I have one more question. Does anyone know if 4 years of pension contribution (both in money and service) with the City of Chicago (that is NOT Chicago Police Department) carries over into the CFD?? Example: Working for Streets and Sanitation or the Department of Water Management. Also, will a City of Chicago Differ Comp contribution carry over to The Chicago Fire Department Differ Comp system?

Thanks
                          Time won?t carry over for the pension. I have 8 years in water that I?m gonna throw away for this

1-877-299-5111
                          call them and ask about the deferred compensation.
                          Last edited by Rickjk91; 08-08-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Only cpd pension and suburban fire pensions carry over. Your deferred comp is always yours. They may have you start another account but you will still be able to manage your old deferred account.

Comment

• Get your CPAT done ASAP and turn it in. The sooner your file is complete the more likely you are to move in front of those who aren't.

Exercise:

Steady pace runs: Build to 3 mile runs in under 27 minutes or better if you don't want to be around the bottom.

Sprints: a lot of short burst activities and you'll need to train the heart to rev up and then drop down

Stairs: thirty minutes at a decent pace, definitely faster than the CPAT, probably 90 steps per minute on a machine. In thirty minutes you should be doing around 65-70 flights with no vest on.

If you're lifting, train for muscular endurance, not size. 15-20 reps.

Pushups (20-40), burpees (30-50), jumping jacks (100).

Farmer's walks with 50 lbs., go for at least a half mile

Planks, side planks, Russian twists, leg lifts.

Get started now. Don't wait, you have three months to get ready and should take advantage of that time.

Comment

• Does Anyone know about the arc review or know of anyone stuck in the Arc review and how to get out of it ?? Has anybody heard of the Arc Review? been stuck in it since October of 2018 !! HR just gives me the same ol answer no news is good news please help

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X