No announcement yet.

Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I just figured since you were slot 1, you?d hear first.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireMedic1105 View Post
      No sir. How about you? I know they like to wait to the last minute but this is becoming more and more uncomfortable...
      I heard there was a lot of people who were getting their medical cleared from the last processing including myself. The class was supposed to start June 3 then the 17 and now the first. They might have filled all the seats by now. There was about 50 when I went in, and I don't know how many went the second round. Just know that you will get in eventually.

Comment

• We were told on the 14th that there was 20 seats that still needed to be filled. There were approx 40 people there, and by sending us for medicals we were going to be ones that were going filling them. People who had CPAT were the first to select the medical appts. I haven't heard anything since I went for my medical last Monday. Its anyone's guess really. But for those of you who are close or believe that you have a shot, get your CPAT. I know it's been harped on here but its truly the difference maker in so much of this.

Comment

We were told on the 14th that there was 20 seats that still needed to be filled. There were approx 40 people there, and by sending us for medicals we were going to be ones that were going filling them. People who had CPAT were the first to select the medical appts. I haven't heard anything since I went for my medical last Monday. Its anyone's guess really. But for those of you who are close or believe that you have a shot, get your CPAT. I know it's been harped on here but its truly the difference maker in so much of this.
          I got the impression they had a full class but about 20 did not have a CPAT in time. I believe we (the June 14 people) are insurance for those laggers. Of those 20, I would bet at least half got their CPAT now because I think there was a test last weekend.

Comment

• A few I believe will earn their CPAT on the 28th so good luck. Some still may need a medical follow-up. Get the appointment for that ASAP when they reach to you guys.

Comment

• Got the call from the Dr earlier today. He cleared me to start the Academy on July 1. He assured me that I will be receiving my final processing email tomorrow from HR in which im to report on Thursday. If there is any other helpful info I find out I'll be sure to pass along to everyone. Thank you all for the intel and help with this exciting but nerve wreaking experience! Hope to see you out there!

Comment

Got the call from the Dr earlier today. He cleared me to start the Academy on July 1. He assured me that I will be receiving my final processing email tomorrow from HR in which im to report on Thursday. If there is any other helpful info I find out I'll be sure to pass along to everyone. Thank you all for the intel and help with this exciting but nerve wreaking experience! Hope to see you out there!
                Congrats! A bit of good news is always welcome!

Comment

• I have not heard anything about a 5th referral at this point. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Also good luck to those who start July!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aguirre9 View Post
                    I have not heard anything about a 5th referral at this point. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Also good luck to those who start July!
                    I doubt we hear anything until July class starts.

Comment

• Hello guys. I was just in the last class, we crossed over to the fire side on 06/03. The first 2 week is going to be Classes. Sexual harassment, fire department structure, rank system, city of Chicago comes and talked to you a couple of times. With a lot of yelling and jumping jacks and squats. My recommendation on day 1 is for everyone to have EXACTLY what is on the list. Then you?ll start the Ems classes. But it doesn?t get any better. Listen to directions pay attention to detail and you guys will be fine. Military people know what it should be like. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoTacosForYou View Post
                        Hello guys. I was just in the last class, we crossed over to the fire side on 06/03. The first 2 week is going to be Classes. Sexual harassment, fire department structure, rank system, city of Chicago comes and talked to you a couple of times. With a lot of yelling and jumping jacks and squats. My recommendation on day 1 is for everyone to have EXACTLY what is on the list. Then you?ll start the Ems classes. But it doesn?t get any better. Listen to directions pay attention to detail and you guys will be fine. Military people know what it should be like. Good luck.
                        How long do they have you wearing dress clothes for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Humantorch2 View Post

How long do they have you wearing dress clothes for?
                          Could be a week could be two weeks. Depends on your class and how long it takes them to figure things out.

Comment

• Does anyone know when next academy starts? Just waiting on medical clear but moving from Boston. Any help appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by marinefighter View Post
                              Does anyone know when next academy starts? Just waiting on medical clear but moving from Boston. Any help appreciated
                              July 1st and probably another one in September/October.

Does anyone know when the next paramedic academy is or has anyone received a email from HR about being referred soon for it?

Comment

• Any word on today?s Academy start? If so and how many? Thanks

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X