Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob1738 View Post
    Hi was reading a Chicago Sun times article about the aldermen demanding more CFD exams and its says in the paper that CFD statement was no new test until 2021. CFD said in the article it cost a lot of money for a new exam. I truly believe that will get to a 6th Referral because even when we had the 2014 test they didn't start calling people off our list until 2016. They still took couple of referrals off the 2006 list. I got a picture of the paper saying CFD statement.
    Thanks, that makes me feel more hopeful.

Comment

• I just find it hard to believe CFD isn't going to be calling Referrals in 2020 or 2021. Even if the case of them making a new list in 2020 it takes time to get everybody organized on the list. I remember we took the fire exam in December of 2014 and got the results in April of 2015. They didnt start taking people off our list until 2016 and maybe they drag it out with the old list due to 2006 list lawsuit which cause a hiring freeze for 3 years but if CFD needs people there not going to end it with a 5th Referral there should be a couple of more Referrals before a new list. Of course as always this is all based on opinion lol. Im keeping hope alive and pray we all get this job.

Comment

• Yea Rob I?m praying right there with ya! I?d essentially most likely be on the 7th referral if there ever is one so I?m going to continue being optimistic and hoping the city acts like the city and continues to lag!

Comment

• Got called for final processing today good luck everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Fingerscrossed View Post
            Got called for final processing today good luck everyone
            When did you go to schedule your medical and or go for your medical?

Comment

Got called for final processing today good luck everyone
              Congrats. Was it a literal phone call? I only ever get emails. I have my fingers crossed too.

Comment

• I did my medical at concentra 5 weeks ago. And I was called to see if I had my CPAT. And was sent the email few hours later.

Comment

I did my medical at concentra 5 weeks ago. And I was called to see if I had my CPAT. And was sent the email few hours later.
                  Congrats on the call what number range are you?

Comment

I did my medical at concentra 5 weeks ago. And I was called to see if I had my CPAT. And was sent the email few hours later.
                    I went last week to schedule my medical and went for it this past Monday. Ms. Hammond made it sound like most of the people who reported to schedule were getting in the class for July 1 as long as they had their CPAT. I was the first one to get get their medical(first available appt) so I figured I would have been notified today. Hopefully Monday...

Comment

• Originally posted by bull36 View Post

Congrats on the call what number range are you?
                      I?m low 7,000s Vet preference. Final processing is at the end of next week. Still a chance for more people to get called. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• I really hope I see more of you guys receiving your FP emails or phone calls this coming week. Good Luck and keep us updated!

Comment

• For those that need CPAT, Homewood/Mabas was a great testing facility and highly recommend! Very friendly and professional staff! Many available dates are on their site. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• What is the first week of the academy like?

Comment

• Originally posted by FireMedic1105 View Post

I went last week to schedule my medical and went for it this past Monday. Ms. Hammond made it sound like most of the people who reported to schedule were getting in the class for July 1 as long as they had their CPAT. I was the first one to get get their medical(first available appt) so I figured I would have been notified today. Hopefully Monday...
                              I was on that scheduling day too. Did you hear anything today?

Comment

• Originally posted by clanc05 View Post

I was on that scheduling day too. Did you hear anything today?
                                No sir. How about you? I know they like to wait to the last minute but this is becoming more and more uncomfortable...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X