No announcement yet.

Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At FP they said that the pay days are 7/7 and 7/24 next month. I wonder if this changes as well now.

Hacking18 did you already resign and leave your current job?

Comment

• I assume they didn?t have enough people to fill the class? Seems like they wanna clear the last wave of medical before proceeding.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacking18 View Post

Got mine. Crazy! My boss is happy but I wonder how many people are getting screwed by this.
        Hell yea that?s awesome. Definitely feel bad for those who had to move their whole family to now suddenly have more time
        Last edited by Chisox1; 06-12-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sub1234 View Post
          At FP they said that the pay days are 7/7 and 7/24 next month. I wonder if this changes as well now.

Hacking18 did you already resign and leave your current job?
          I had been transparent with them since the BI was calling my boss for employment verification back in mid-April. I love my place of employment and it'll take time for them to find a replacement. He kept it between us until I went through medical, then C-level was told.

This works out for them as I have a lot of responsibilities to delegate out and train people on. The extra two weeks will definitely help.

Chisox, the people from out of state I think it actually helps. They've got a bit more time to unpack and get settled. Those from the suburbs it's a bit of a drag but the same thing applies.

It's just those who put in their notice and aren't leaving on good terms I worry about. I'm lucky but I treated them right and they're returning that favor. I can definitely see people who said "eff you, I'm out" having that backfire on them.

Comment

• If you burned your bridge then shame on you. As bad as city hiring is there are 1,000s that would love to have these minor problems. A lot of these delays are because the applicants don?t feel the need to act quickly. Applicants can always wave if these problems are too daunting, and give the job to someone who really wants it. A few weeks delay for a job you will put in 30 years and for which 21,000 applied for, is not too much to ask. Good luck to all.

Comment

• I left my job as well on good terms and my dilemma is whether I should ask if I can stay for another week or two.

This delay may be due to not enough candidates having their CPAT. I remember at least 10 or more didn?t during FP and someone else who went to last weeks FP stated the same.

NIPSTA has the test once a month and their next scheduled one is for 7/13.
              Naperville has a practice session on 6/28.
              SUFD has a practice session 6/13 (today).
              MABAS has the CPAT on 6/22 and 6/28.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sub1234 View Post
                I left my job as well on good terms and my dilemma is whether I should ask if I can stay for another week or two.

This delay may be due to not enough candidates having their CPAT. I remember at least 10 or more didn?t during FP and someone else who went to last weeks FP stated the same.

NIPSTA has the test once a month and their next scheduled one is for 7/13.
                Naperville has a practice session on 6/28.
                SUFD has a practice session 6/13 (today).
                MABAS has the CPAT on 6/22 and 6/28.

Good luck to everyone.
                I?m scheduled for the Naperville one. Haven?t been called yet by Chicago (hopefully soon) but that?s one thing I'm
                getting done now. With all the emphasis to having it prior to first appointment I?m just getting it out of the way. Like Engine85 said earlier it?s 150 bucks for 100,000 job. If I need to take the CPAT again then so be it, but if I get the call I?ll be fully prepared and my priority is to get all necessary paperwork, documents, etc to them in a timely manner so I can get into the academy as soon as possible and start my career w CFD

Comment

• I have not been contacted yet. Non-pref 118x I have scheduled CPAT at Homewood on the 22nd. They seem to have plenty throughout the months to come.

Comment

• Does anybody have the list of documents needed after you go to initial processing besides CPAT? Would just like to get ahead of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by bull36 View Post
                      Does anybody have the list of documents needed after you go to initial processing besides CPAT? Would just like to get ahead of the game.
                      Scroll back a little and you will see the list of documents needed for Final Processing.

Comment

• 169* non-pref. Is there any chance that a 6th referral will be sent out at some point?

Comment

• Originally posted by BballRef87 View Post
                          169* non-pref. Is there any chance that a 6th referral will be sent out at some point?
                          They haven?t even called 5th referral yet :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post

They haven?t even called 5th referral yet :/
                            Yeah, I'm hoping the 5th happens soon. I'm more so asking because of what I saw about a new test being taken in 2020 and the current list being scrapped. Is that definitely happening?

Comment

• Hi was reading a Chicago Sun times article about the aldermen demanding more CFD exams and its says in the paper that CFD statement was no new test until 2021. CFD said in the article it cost a lot of money for a new exam. I truly believe that will get to a 6th Referral because even when we had the 2014 test they didn't start calling people off our list until 2016. They still took couple of referrals off the 2006 list. I got a picture of the paper saying CFD statement.

Comment

• I got a email Friday saying that I was referred to CFD and to have all my contact information up to date and to keep a eye on my JUNK/SPAM folders. Does this mean I am part of the 5th referral?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X