Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nicksints View Post
    Finally heard back from the doctor after my follow up in February.
    I have a hx of depression, so I had to take a psych evaluation (1,000+ questionnaire and an interview), and I guess the psychologist that ran it did not recommend me for the fire department despite my PCP and my psychiatrist signing off for me. For years, I've considered myself an advocate for mental health, and trying to erase the stigma, and so all this is a major blow. I understand the job can cause PTSD and trigger depression, but at least I know I can talk to a therapist or a doctor about it. I imagine we lose a lot of firefighters who might be too embarrassed to talk about their mental health, and that's really sad.

​​​​​​Any chance there is a way to appeal something like this?

Otherwise, I appreciate everybody in this forum for sharing information on this whole process the last 5 years. I was so close. Good luck to everyone going in this upcoming class!

Do you have a contact email would just like to ask about follow up

Comment

• Received the invite to schedule a medical this Friday. Any possibility of going to the medical on the same day? It doesnt say to bring anything so just show up?(in business attire obviously.) Wondering if its possible to still make the June class...hoping but I will take what I can get!

Comment

• You won?t get a medical date for the same day. Get there two hours early and pick the first time available. If your not complete by now you can?t make June. Takes about two weeks to get the medical results back. If you get a call back on your medical results schedule an appointment with your doctor for the next day. You may just get counseling from Wong or have to get a note from your doctor. Either way time is of the essence. You should have your CPAT also. Good luck.

Comment

• Fire medic what number range are you?

Comment

• As always, thank you engine 85 for all your intel, it is truly appreciated. Bull36 im a little less than 900 no pref.

Comment

• awesome firemedic, sounds like you have a good shot at the september class..good luck!

Comment

• First time posting on this forum. I got called yesterday for medical follow up as well. I had bad signal and couldn?t hear what location we have to report to?? I?m assuming it?s the Clinton building we have been going to during the whole process correct???

Comment

• Originally posted by Fingerscrossed View Post
                  First time posting on this forum. I got called yesterday for medical follow up as well. I had bad signal and couldn?t hear what location we have to report to?? I?m assuming it?s the Clinton building we have been going to during the whole process correct???
                  When did u go in for your medical exam with concerta? Yeah, fire academy south. I think dr Wong has an office there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humantorch2 View Post
                    When did u go in for your medical exam with concerta? Yeah, fire academy south. I think dr Wong has an office there.
                    I went to the concentra in Maywood 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Anyone know how long we report to the academy in business clothes til we can wear the cfd clothing?

Comment

• UPDATE.

June 17th class has been postponed to July 1st

Emails just sent out

Comment

• I wonder what caused it to get pushed back. Maybe to get more people?

Comment

• Has anyone who went to final processing and commissary not get an email for July 1st start date? I haven't gotten an email yet. Is it possible that they are splitting the class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fingerscrossed View Post

I went to the concentra in Maywood 3 weeks ago.
                              I wouldn?t be surprised if after your meeting with the doctor(baring any unknown medical problem) you get the official offer of employment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chisox1 View Post
                                I wonder what caused it to get pushed back. Maybe to get more people?
                                Got mine. Crazy! My boss is happy but I wonder how many people are getting screwed by this.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X