No announcement yet.

Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any issues with listing supplements on your medical forms? Like Creatine? CFD or Concentra give you any sort of pushback on anything?

Comment

• Anyone know what the physical’s this week consist of? Should I be ready to run a couple miles ?

Comment

• Originally posted by A3887 View Post
        Anyone know what the physical’s this week consist of? Should I be ready to run a couple miles ?
        stress test with pft, chest X-rays, blood work, vision test, hearing test, and probably urine screen. Go through the medical paperwork and there’s a check list on one of the pages. I just did all this for the department I’m on like a month ago. Sucks that I have to do it all again but oh well. I know I passed everything so that’s a weight off my shoulders

Comment

• Thanks again ,Firedawg .

Comment

Thanks again ,Firedawg .
            Anytime brother! Let us know how it goes. I’m taking mine next week

Comment

• For anyone interested;
              Medical for me took about 2 hours and went like this, First they weigh you and get your height, then an eye test, followed by a blood and urine sample , after that it’s a hearing exam and they make you blow into a tube a couple times to check your lungs. They do a chest X-Ray and a quick physical exam followed by a stress test which is 12 minutes on the treadmill at 4.2 with a slight incline. It was all pretty simple.

Comment

For anyone interested;
                Medical for me took about 2 hours and went like this, First they weigh you and get your height, then an eye test, followed by a blood and urine sample , after that it’s a hearing exam and they make you blow into a tube a couple times to check your lungs. They do a chest X-Ray and a quick physical exam followed by a stress test which is 12 minutes on the treadmill at 4.2 with a slight incline. It was all pretty simple.
                That’s a super easy stress test! Last one I took ended at a 14 degree incline.

Comment

• After your medical appointment is done, when would they typically call you if something was wrong? Are you in the clear after x amount of weeks with no call?

Comment

• Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some insight from some of you hopefuls as well as some of you on the inside. I recently turned 36 and know there are talks of a new test, but no word when. Reading posts on here, I know it can take months just to grade the test and then a while longer to actually start the process on the new list.

At this point, would I likely age out by the time a class from the new test is made? I know it depends on lottery numbers too, but even getting a good number, is it likely that a class from a new test would start in under two years?

Thanks in advance and good luck to those moving along in the process!

Comment

• Originally posted by lou_gee View Post
                      Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some insight from some of you hopefuls as well as some of you on the inside. I recently turned 36 and know there are talks of a new test, but no word when. Reading posts on here, I know it can take months just to grade the test and then a while longer to actually start the process on the new list.

At this point, would I likely age out by the time a class from the new test is made? I know it depends on lottery numbers too, but even getting a good number, is it likely that a class from a new test would start in under two years?

Earliest the new test would be is next year sometime, they usually don’t pull off the new list for about a year but with few showing up to processing you never know. Processing itself I would say on average is about 7 months. It all depends on how many vacancies need to be filled and up to the city. You would be very close to aging out

Comment

• Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

Earliest the new test would be is next year sometime, they usually don’t pull off the new list for about a year but with few showing up to processing you never know. Processing itself I would say on average is about 7 months. It all depends on how many vacancies need to be filled and up to the city. You would be very close to aging out
                        Thanks for your reply! I know several people have lucked out by BARELY making it into a class before their 38th bday, but reading posts here bummed me out; I also know there are people that barely missed it and people who age out before their number is called.

I once read that lottery numbers also depend upon socials, does anyone know if that’s true? For example, if your social ends in 0, you get a lower number. I think I read that here, but it’s been such a long time I can’t remember exactly where I saw that.

Comment

Thanks for your reply! I know several people have lucked out by BARELY making it into a class before their 38th bday, but reading posts here bummed me out; I also know there are people that barely missed it and people who age out before their number is called.

I once read that lottery numbers also depend upon socials, does anyone know if that’s true? For example, if your social ends in 0, you get a lower number. I think I read that here, but it’s been such a long time I can’t remember exactly where I saw that.
                          I’ll hopefully make it in the December academy by a couple of weeks before aging out. It’s possible and worth it so I’m going for it! No one knows how the lottery system works. I would wait and see when they decide to do the next test and go from there on your age at that point.

Comment

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some insight from some of you hopefuls as well as some of you on the inside. I recently turned 36 and know there are talks of a new test, but no word when. Reading posts on here, I know it can take months just to grade the test and then a while longer to actually start the process on the new list.

I would take it. You have nothing to loose in taking it, just don’t have your expectations high on getting processed in time. But, you might be extremely lucky and get in. Do you have any preferences? That could change everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrenaline54 View Post

I would take it. You have nothing to loose in taking it, just don’t have your expectations high on getting processed in time. But, you might be extremely lucky and get in. Do you have any preferences? That could change everything.

Only CPS preference, Adrenaline. I don’t think that really counts for much

Good luck, Fire! I was reading several pages worth of posts on here yesterday, so it seems like you’re close. Hopefully the next class is scheduled earlier than anticipated.

Comment

• One last question, is the test common sense? I heard the 2014 test had a lot of math questions, but it seemed like it was area and perimeter type of questions.

I know people who have taken a test prep course for other departments and they are offering a course. I wonder if it’s worth the $400-$500.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X