Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was told by Dr. Wong at my medical follow-up that he was still clearing people for medical and that the June class wasn't filled yet. He said there's a strong chance for June and expect an email from HR. I haven't received one yet, but I'm hoping that it's because they were tied up with the first round of final processing. Either that or waiting to see how many waive. The other guy I was there with was going to waive a June class if offered.

    The last class started with 91 and added nine the first week, so who knows.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by hacking18 View Post
      I was told by Dr. Wong at my medical follow-up that he was still clearing people for medical and that the June class wasn't filled yet. He said there's a strong chance for June and expect an email from HR. I haven't received one yet, but I'm hoping that it's because they were tied up with the first round of final processing. Either that or waiting to see how many waive. The other guy I was there with was going to waive a June class if offered.

      The last class started with 91 and added nine the first week, so who knows.
      Give or take there are approximately 48 spots still for June since one waived at FP. With you guys going through the medical follow-ups, I would be ready at any minute. You're going to have to notarize two forms that they send to you, plus have a copy of your current vehicle state registration, current city of Chicago vehicle sticker number, and photocopies of any college degrees. You can get the last three ready to save you a little time.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sub1234 View Post

        Give or take there are approximately 48 spots still for June since one waived at FP. With you guys going through the medical follow-ups, I would be ready at any minute. You're going to have to notarize two forms that they send to you, plus have a copy of your current vehicle state registration, current city of Chicago vehicle sticker number, and photocopies of any college degrees. You can get the last three ready to save you a little time.
        The college transcripts we provided already wouldn't count?

        Thanks for the info. I'll start working on all of this. Moving to a city address in the next week to get everything lined up anyway, but knowing what I'll need helps.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by hacking18 View Post

          The college transcripts we provided already wouldn't count?

          Thanks for the info. I'll start working on all of this. Moving to a city address in the next week to get everything lined up anyway, but knowing what I'll need helps.
          They have the college transcripts but they want a copy of the actual diploma on file. Here is a snapshot of what is needed for FP.

          Comment


          • New to the forum here. I was wondering what veterans number they may be near? Good luck to everyone!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jjusmcccsd38 View Post
              New to the forum here. I was wondering what veterans number they may be near? Good luck to everyone!
              Per Engine85 here?s the next referral numbers

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jjusmcccsd38 View Post
                New to the forum here. I was wondering what veterans number they may be near? Good luck to everyone!
                The 4th referral back in March made it up to 7912 for vets. The 5th referral will go up to 10827 for vets. We're still waiting to hear when the 5th referral list will go through. Good luck!

                Comment


                • Being in the 2200s non preference. You think there is a good chance a 6th and 7th referral will be made before this list expires and the city decides to retest?

                  Comment


                  • High end of 15xx non preference .. does that mean I wont be on the 5 referral emails ?? Still new to this whole process and how it works
                    Last edited by Esolis0406; 06-04-2019, 07:56 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Anyone got any suggestion for parking while at the academy? I?m tryin to find something like a monthly pass

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Chisox1 View Post
                        Anyone got any suggestion for parking while at the academy? I?m tryin to find something like a monthly pass
                        Maxwell Garage is $110 monthly on Clinton and De Koven St.

                        Would anyone like to provide insight on what to expect the first day.

                        Comment


                        • Question, I know someone that is using CPS preference and this person's number was either 31xx or 33xx. She got an email back in April from HR regarding her CPS preference. Does that mean there is a possibility of her getting onto one of the upcoming referrals?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sub1234 View Post

                            Maxwell Garage is $110 monthly on Clinton and De Koven St.

                            Would anyone like to provide insight on what to expect the first day.
                            Sweet thanks!

                            Comment


                            • Has anyone heard of the 2nd background check ? Went to talk with HR said I'm still in the second background check any idea what this means I processed in Aug/2018 CPAT submitted!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by erod86 View Post
                                Question, I know someone that is using CPS preference and this person's number was either 31xx or 33xx. She got an email back in April from HR regarding her CPS preference. Does that mean there is a possibility of her getting onto one of the upcoming referrals?
                                It sounds like HR sent out preference documentation update emails to both vets and cps that were potential applicants who could make the 5th referral list. However, not all of those who received the emails made the referral list cutoff (myself being one of them). Unfortunately, it sounds like the 5th referral will be the last of the test cycle. My advice, tell your friend to act like April never happened because it was just a false sense of hope for those who got the email that didn't make the cutoff or pray for a 6th referral!

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X