Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrenaline54 View Post

Appreciate this. Now is it common to have a 10 month hiring process or did you happen to have any hiccups? Was it that long because of COVID? I’m just trying to gauge extending at my current job ( military) or get out here in February. I’m supposed to be contacted by HR to start processing in Dec/Jan. But who knows with them lol
    If you are up next to start processing and your end of enlistment date is approaching I would focus on CFD. That’s my opinion. If you need to work another job somewhere for the time being while you process then do that. Get the process going for yourself. Again just my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

If you are up next to start processing and your end of enlistment date is approaching I would focus on CFD. That’s my opinion. If you need to work another job somewhere for the time being while you process then do that. Get the process going for yourself. Again just my opinion
      Yea I definitely agree. It’s just a little unsettling leaving the military and a steady paycheck without a confirmed offer letter. I don’t see any reason I would have any hiccups in the hiring process, but ya never know.

Comment

Yea I definitely agree. It’s just a little unsettling leaving the military and a steady paycheck without a confirmed offer letter. I don’t see any reason I would have any hiccups in the hiring process, but ya never know.
        Yeah don’t sweat it! Definitely get processing started. Sooner you get started the sooner you can get on the job

Comment

• Originally posted by hcc2323 View Post
          Well I think the original plan for classes this year per a foia request from the Chief was Feb, May, Aug & maybe Nov. It went Feb, July, Dec so basically if things were normal Dec 1 ppl woulda been 3+ months into what shoulda been the Aug class.

have ready to go:
          DL (updated)
          SS
          Birth certificate (order another actual copy even if you already have one or two)
          Transcripts from HS and college
          employment history (3 Rec letters)
          Residence history
          education History
          Do the letters of recommendation have to come from previous employers?

Comment

• Originally posted by adelefan View Post

Do the letters of recommendation have to come from previous employers?
            No it can be from anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post

No it can be from anyone.
              Message received, thank you

Comment

• Is Fire Academy South the same building where initial and final processing take place? Is this where the academy is held?

Comment

• Has anyone had any pushback on an out of state CPAT card? I was only able to get one from A fire academy out here in New Hampshire. Will CFD question it at all or should I be just fine? I only ask because I have gotten one in the past from NIPSTA in the past and got an ID Card with my picture on it, but the academy here only gave me a printed sheet of paper signed and dated with agency letterhead on it. I would assume I should be good to go, right?

Comment

Has anyone had any pushback on an out of state CPAT card? I was only able to get one from A fire academy out here in New Hampshire. Will CFD question it at all or should I be just fine? I only ask because I have gotten one in the past from NIPSTA in the past and got an ID Card with my picture on it, but the academy here only gave me a printed sheet of paper signed and dated with agency letterhead on it. I would assume I should be good to go, right?
                    I had one from Wisconsin and didn't have any issues

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob1738 View Post
                      How is PT at the academy? I’m just curious to see what I should prepare for? I been doing push ups and walk around with a 50 lb vest. I’m curious do they fail you or kick you out if you can’t do enough push ups or other workouts?
                      Show up in shape even though all pass the physical parts...usually. Eight guys went to the hospital during the July 22nd class’ first PT session. A couple never came back.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there will be another academy class in the spring?

Comment

• Has anyone who’s left in the 7th referral heard any news of when they are supposed to continue processing people??

Comment

• Originally posted by A3887 View Post
                            Has anyone who’s left in the 7th referral heard any news of when they are supposed to continue processing people??
                            I spoke with HR and was told to expect An email from them at the end of December/ beginning of January.

Comment

I spoke with HR and was told to expect An email from them at the end of December/ beginning of January.
                              Thanks for the update. Keep us posted if you hear anything.

Comment

• I just called CFD HR to see if I passed medical they told me everyone is out of the office until the new year, so maybe emails will go out then for more processing.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X