Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How is PT at the academy? I’m just curious to see what I should prepare for? I been doing push ups and walk around with a 50 lb vest. I’m curious do they fail you or kick you out if you can’t do enough push ups or other workouts?

    Comment


    • Nope, they don’t fail anyone, it’s a joke!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by engine85 View Post
        Nope, they don’t fail anyone, it’s a joke!
        Are you serious? So your saying if I couldn’t do one push up or run a mile they would pass me as long as I passed all the quizzes and tests. I find that hard to believe and I’m going to ask why but going to assume the answer is it because they don’t want people to sue...

        Comment


        • You don’t have to pass all the tests either. The only things that will terminate you are, drug and alcohol tests, emt license, hazmat certification and ff2 certification.

          Comment


          • I talked to someone who was recently an instructor on the EMS side, he thinks because of the shutdown they may take candidates out of class and bring them to the DMV themselves to update their licenses. He said it’s not guaranteed to happened with a new staff, but due to the number who need updates licenses (atleast 10 to his knowledge) this is what they may do

            Comment


            • Anyone need an apartment to start the academy? 107th/Artesian available asap let me know

              Comment


              • Anyone know if they are requiring us to bring receipt or proof of purchase for items they are asking us to bring on day 1 Also, should we expect Indoor or outdoor running / training ? Only ask because winter weather might need some kind of grip

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TS_01 View Post
                  Anyone know if they are requiring us to bring receipt or proof of purchase for items they are asking us to bring on day 1 Also, should we expect Indoor or outdoor running / training ? Only ask because winter weather might need some kind of grip
                  Your proof is that you’re bringing everything with you like it says on your sheet

                  Comment


                  • Have a few questions about the hiring process. I’ve tried searching this but haven’t been able to find anything. The day you get your invite to process email, you have a few days until you actually show up to start processing. After that day, what do the actual different phases include? Medical? Is there different interviews such as a panel or chiefs interview? I’m just trying to gauge a rough timeline from the day you get that email to the day you could start at the academy. Yes, I know COVID and everything is up in the air. But I’m curious what people have experienced from past experiences.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Adrenaline54 View Post
                      Have a few questions about the hiring process. I’ve tried searching this but haven’t been able to find anything. The day you get your invite to process email, you have a few days until you actually show up to start processing. After that day, what do the actual different phases include? Medical? Is there different interviews such as a panel or chiefs interview? I’m just trying to gauge a rough timeline from the day you get that email to the day you could start at the academy. Yes, I know COVID and everything is up in the air. But I’m curious what people have experienced from past experiences.
                      No interviews unless there is some sort of red flag in your BI I think? Here was my timeline:

                      Email: 2/25/20
                      Initial processing: 3/6/20
                      CPAT: 3/10/20
                      BI call: 6/22/20
                      BI visit: 6/27/20
                      COVID test: 8/7/20
                      Medical scheduling: 8/11/20
                      Medical: 8/17/20
                      Medical clear call from CFD: 11/5/20
                      Final processing email: 11/9/2020
                      Final processing: 11/16/2020
                      Academy start: 12/1/2020

                      Comment


                      • Thanks for posting the breakdown hcc. Do you remember what you needed to bring to initial processing? Trying to get my ducks in a row if I get a call soon.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hcc2323 View Post

                          No interviews unless there is some sort of red flag in your BI I think? Here was my timeline:

                          Email: 2/25/20
                          Initial processing: 3/6/20
                          CPAT: 3/10/20
                          BI call: 6/22/20
                          BI visit: 6/27/20
                          COVID test: 8/7/20
                          Medical scheduling: 8/11/20
                          Medical: 8/17/20
                          Medical clear call from CFD: 11/5/20
                          Final processing email: 11/9/2020
                          Final processing: 11/16/2020
                          Academy start: 12/1/2020
                          Appreciate this. Now is it common to have a 10 month hiring process or did you happen to have any hiccups? Was it that long because of COVID? I’m just trying to gauge extending at my current job ( military) or get out here in February. I’m supposed to be contacted by HR to start processing in Dec/Jan. But who knows with them lol

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mc11 View Post
                            Thanks for posting the breakdown hcc. Do you remember what you needed to bring to initial processing? Trying to get my ducks in a row if I get a call soon.
                            the initial invite email will have a packet to fill out and also all requirements that you have to bring in. Is your number coming up soon? If so, pm me.

                            Comment


                            • Well I think the original plan for classes this year per a foia request from the Chief was Feb, May, Aug & maybe Nov. It went Feb, July, Dec so basically if things were normal Dec 1 ppl woulda been 3+ months into what shoulda been the Aug class.

                              have ready to go:
                              DL (updated)
                              SS
                              Birth certificate (order another actual copy even if you already have one or two)
                              Transcripts from HS and college
                              employment history (3 Rec letters)
                              Residence history
                              education History

                              Comment


                              • And staying in shape and saying no to drugs will help too

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X