No announcement yet.

Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would someone be able to explain to me how the referrals work? Like what that means?

Comment

• Anyone know how many people were at final processing today?

Comment

• Originally posted by IceyBlue View Post
        Would someone be able to explain to me how the referrals work? Like what that means?
        It’s just the term used to describe a group of people contacted by list number. So if someone says the 7th referral, they just mean the 7th group sent emails.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firerock42 View Post
          Anyone know how many people were at final processing today?
          I think 94?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post

I think 94?
            Wow so the class is almost set. I would have thought there would be multiple FP days, but it looks like maybe one more (depending on how many deferred too)

Comment

• Anyone know how long commissary takes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post
                Anyone know how long commissary takes?
                Not long. Everyone has appointment times to go so I can’t imagine it lasting more than a hour. Show up early, the commissary employees are notorious for being in a terrible mood.

Comment

• So I can't get an Illinois drivers license before December 1st due to the dmvs being shutdown. Will they let me defer or am I screwed?

Comment

• Originally posted by sm1548 View Post
                    So I can't get an Illinois drivers license before December 1st due to the dmvs being shutdown. Will they let me defer or am I screwed?
                    I would think they would be understanding about that as long as you are making an effort to get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

I would think they would be understanding about that as long as you are making an effort to get one.
                      I hope so. I've called the dmv constantly the past 2 days with one answer saying nothing in person. Called an emailed hr with no reply yet. I know they're busy so hopefully I'll hear back soon

Comment

• Originally posted by sm1548 View Post

I hope so. I've called the dmv constantly the past 2 days with one answer saying nothing in person. Called an emailed hr with no reply yet. I know they're busy so hopefully I'll hear back soon
                        You had to have it for initial processing. Did you lose it or is it expired? The bad position you’re in is you’ll never have time during the week to go to the DMV during the academy. I wouldn’t defer though. You may be better off rushing to have a passport ID finished (the photo can be done at Walgreens). I don’t know how long the actual passport would take, but it’s on the list as a valid form of ID

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD98765 View Post

You had to have it for initial processing. Did you lose it or is it expired? The bad position you’re in is you’ll never have time during the week to go to the DMV during the academy. I wouldn’t defer though. You may be better off rushing to have a passport ID finished (the photo can be done at Walgreens). I don’t know how long the actual passport would take, but it’s on the list as a valid form of ID
                          I'm not an Illinois resident and didn’t have to have it for initial processing I was always told by the start of the academy. I asked during final processing and they told me it had to be a drivers license I tried asking if I could show them my lease and they were pretty adamant it had to be a drivers license.
                          Last edited by sm1548; 11-18-2020, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• It has to be an Illinois drivers license because that is required to be a EMT, to drive city vehicles and as stated on the job announcement.

Comment

• sm1548 I'm in a similar situation - I just recently closed on my property in Chicago. I'm set to move in this weekend, but am now not able to get an updated drivers license reflecting my new address. I've been an Illinois resident, so I was able to supposedly update my new Chicago address online through the Secretary of State website (which I did Monday), but I'm still worried. I brought up this concern to HR at final processing and didn't get a positive or helpful response-Something to the likes of "Well, you should of done it sooner." Only problem with that are the facts I stated above.

I'm almost certain they'll have to make an exception given the circumstances. I also can't imagine that we are the only 2 candidates moving into the City since final processing began.

My advice is to document as much as you can showing your effort. Bring documents (like your lease agreement) and put it in your file on December 1st. The more the better. That's what I'm doing...

Comment

• Originally posted by biff592 View Post
                                sm1548 I'm in a similar situation - I just recently closed on my property in Chicago. I'm set to move in this weekend, but am now not able to get an updated drivers license reflecting my new address. I've been an Illinois resident, so I was able to supposedly update my new Chicago address online through the Secretary of State website (which I did Monday), but I'm still worried. I brought up this concern to HR at final processing and didn't get a positive or helpful response-Something to the likes of "Well, you should of done it sooner." Only problem with that are the facts I stated above.

I'm almost certain they'll have to make an exception given the circumstances. I also can't imagine that we are the only 2 candidates moving into the City since final processing began.

My advice is to document as much as you can showing your effort. Bring documents (like your lease agreement) and put it in your file on December 1st. The more the better. That's what I'm doing...
                                Yeah it’s a tough situation. I’m gonna call them tomorrow to try and get a clearer answer. I don’t want to leave my current job to move down there than be told no.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X