X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get a final processing email yesterday or today? Still waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD98765 View Post
      Today confirmed Sep 2021 will be the next CFD exam. They selected firefighters to go to the academy and give input about what should be covered on the next exam.
      Really? The exam content has nothing to do with the fire service. Even more so for Chicago since they have been sued multiple times concerning exam content. Even exams out West, which were much more difficult than Chicago’s 2014 exam, have almost nothing to do with Fire related information.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireApplicant View Post
        Anyone else get a final processing email yesterday or today? Still waiting
        No, not yet still waiting as well. Even though I took my medical mid august. I had gotten a call from a DR Thursday saying I needed to see a pulmonologist because my med test looked like I could possibly have asthma which I’ve never had trouble breathing before. However I completed it yesterday and my medical should be done I’m going to be giving them a call soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD2015 View Post

No, not yet still waiting as well. Even though I took my medical mid august. I had gotten a call from a DR Thursday saying I needed to see a pulmonologist because my med test looked like I could possibly have asthma which I’ve never had trouble breathing before. However I completed it yesterday and my medical should be done I’m going to be giving them a call soon.

I just turned in my medical follow up last Friday. The doctor told me right there that I was clear for hire, but that I would still get a call regarding my medical clearing. Just hope I get an email soon. I thought they would keep sending them out this week, but I haven’t heard of anyone getting anything .
          Last edited by FireApplicant; 11-11-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireApplicant View Post

I just turned in my medical follow up last Friday. The doctor told me right there that I was clear for hire, but that I would still get a call regarding my medical clearing. Just hope I get an email soon. I thought they would keep sending them out this week, but I haven’t heard of anyone getting anything .
            Keep the faith. People can final process up until the day before class starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatoneguyCA View Post

Really? The exam content has nothing to do with the fire service. Even more so for Chicago since they have been sued multiple times concerning exam content. Even exams out West, which were much more difficult than Chicago’s 2014 exam, have almost nothing to do with Fire related information.
              The point of my post was the Sep 2021 exam isn’t a rumor. Whatever content is on the exam, whether it’s fire based or not, will be extremely easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD98765 View Post

The point of my post was the Sep 2021 exam isn’t a rumor. Whatever content is on the exam, whether it’s fire based or not, will be extremely easy.
                Yes and my point was why would they consult CFD members about test content when it’s based on 6th grade math and grammar and nothing with the actual job.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatoneguyCA View Post

Yes and my point was why would they consult CFD members about test content when it’s based on 6th grade math and grammar and nothing with the actual job.
                  Question one. Which is the correct spelling of Fahrenheit?
                  question 2. At what Fahrenheit does water boil.

Comment

• Has anyone received a final processing email since Monday?

Comment

• Hey guys I got a situation I can’t find my social security card. I ordered a new one and it said it comes in 2 weeks. Lots of people says in comes within 1st week. But I’m nervous I won’t have it for final processing. I have the letter saying I ordered a new one and I have photocopy’s of my social. I also heard that you could go to the social security office and they could confirm your number and give you a page to give to your employer. Any advice guys or Are they going to tell me to defer?

Comment

• Anyone know about how long final processing takes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob1738 View Post
                          Hey guys I got a situation I can’t find my social security card. I ordered a new one and it said it comes in 2 weeks. Lots of people says in comes within 1st week. But I’m nervous I won’t have it for final processing. I have the letter saying I ordered a new one and I have photocopy’s of my social. I also heard that you could go to the social security office and they could confirm your number and give you a page to give to your employer. Any advice guys or Are they going to tell me to defer?
                          I would get every option that you could, just to be safe. Go to the SSA office and get what you can. Hopefully you will have it in a week. I would not want to defer for anything at that point

Comment

• Originally posted by FIRE20XX View Post
                            Anyone know about how long final processing takes?
                            Plan on a full day

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob1738 View Post
                              Hey guys I got a situation I can’t find my social security card. I ordered a new one and it said it comes in 2 weeks. Lots of people says in comes within 1st week. But I’m nervous I won’t have it for final processing. I have the letter saying I ordered a new one and I have photocopy’s of my social. I also heard that you could go to the social security office and they could confirm your number and give you a page to give to your employer. Any advice guys or Are they going to tell me to defer?
                              They will not tell you to defer for that. As has been suggested, do everything you can to have the documents. When the SS card comes in all you will have to do is notify HR and they’ll make copies. Their offices are in the same building.

Comment

• Appreciate the answers we will find out tomorrow. I show them my social when we first processed. Plus I have the photocopy of my social and the letter saying I’m getting a new one so I think I’ll be fine. Thank brothers and I’ll see you gentlemen tomorrow.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X