Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post
    I believe the city pays for all the equipment it’s not like cpd
    If I’m not mistaking this is what I heard as well.

Comment

• Would they probably send out final processing emails some time during the week of the 16th? For the July class they sent the bulk of them out with 12 days notice between email and academy but i'm not sure how typical that is

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob1738 View Post
        So I’m just asking because I’m curious? How does final processing work do they give you a start date? Do you have to buy the uniforms? If yes how much should I have ready to spend. I’m just trying to have everything ready for when they call us for final processing.
        Have about $250-300 ready to spend at the commissary for PT gear, water bottles, and gym bag. They’ll also fit you for other stuff while there. Buy four or five water bottles. Only $5 and they easily break. Extras for you and classmates.
        Last edited by ThatoneguyCA; 11-04-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Is it even worth me trying to reach out to CFD HR to see when they'll sent out the invite to process emails to the remaining people in the 7th referral? I understand how unsure everything is at the moment, but I'm hoping (wishful thinking) that they have some sort of idea on when they are going to begin the process of processing the remaining few in the 7th.

Comment

• Adrenaline54 IMO, no I don't think it's worth it at this time. It appears there are still a large group of the 7th referral candidates that did not receive initial invites yet. Recently, initial invites seem to follow whenever a new class begins - 6th referral processed in Nov 2019 in weeks before and after the Nov 18th academy date. 7th referral processed in March 2020, a few weeks after Feb academy start. I would maybe wait a few weeks after the next academy start date, which will hopefully hold December 1.

Also remember that the 7th referral is 3x bigger than past referrals. This is because the 5th and 6th referrals were seeing significant numbers as no-response/no-shows. It could be that they simply don't need that many candidates in the pipeline processing. It could be COVID. Most likely a combination of both.

If another round of initial invites comes out soon, and you still find yourself not invited...that's when I'd send an email to HR and politely inquire what's going on...Trust me, it won't be the last!
            Last edited by biff592; 11-05-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Just got a call from CFD medical today. Said my medical looked clear. Told me I had to do a 3 minute step test? Is that something new?

Comment

• Nope. That’s nothing new. I know about 6 people that have had to do it. I think it’s something based off ur like BMI chart that they are required to do. Just get it done ASAP and you’ll be cleared for academy. My friend in last class did it and received his final processing email like 5 days later. Nothing for u to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by JetsAndJiujitsu View Post
                  Nope. That’s nothing new. I know about 6 people that have had to do it. I think it’s something based off ur like BMI chart that they are required to do. Just get it done ASAP and you’ll be cleared for academy. My friend in last class did it and received his final processing email like 5 days later. Nothing for u to worry about.
                  sounds good, going to do it tomorrow morning and turn it in, in person.

Comment

• Anyone got number for CFD HR? I got a unique situation I’m a EMT and I did all the processing but my EMS system I used to be in the wont give me a letter of good standing due to the fact I haven’t work on the ambulance since March. I’m curious how’s this works out for Chicago? I got my EMS license but no system do I just test for Chicago system when I’m in the academy? Appreciate the answers guys.

Comment

• Here is the number
                      Attached Files

Comment

Anyone got number for CFD HR? I got a unique situation I’m a EMT and I did all the processing but my EMS system I used to be in the wont give me a letter of good standing due to the fact I haven’t work on the ambulance since March. I’m curious how’s this works out for Chicago? I got my EMS license but no system do I just test for Chicago system when I’m in the academy? Appreciate the answers guys.
                        You will still have to go through the EMT portion (first 3 months) regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

You will still have to go through the EMT portion (first 3 months) regardless.
                          I know that but I have a EMT-B with no system I haven’t been in the ambulance since March. I left because the money is garbage but left on good terms. I have a license and i have no problem taking the EMT class but I’m saying will this prevent me from being in a Class?

Comment

Anyone got number for CFD HR? I got a unique situation I’m a EMT and I did all the processing but my EMS system I used to be in the wont give me a letter of good standing due to the fact I haven’t work on the ambulance since March. I’m curious how’s this works out for Chicago? I got my EMS license but no system do I just test for Chicago system when I’m in the academy? Appreciate the answers guys.
                            If you already have your IL (or National) EMT B license and its valid you’ll be good for CFD. As Firedawg said you’ll still have to go through the entire 3 months on the EMS side, but not having to take the National EMT test will be one less worry for you. Once over on the fire side, you’ll compete the system entry into Region 11 with everyone else
                            Last edited by CFD98765; 11-06-2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD98765 View Post

If you already have your IL (or National) EMT B license and its valid you’ll be good for CFD. As Firedawg said you’ll still have to go through the entire 3 months on the EMS side, but not having to take the National EMT test will be one less worry for you. Once over on the fire side, you’ll compete the system entry into Region 11 with everyone else
                              I have my State License not my National but it’s in Illinois. I think I get the point it doesn’t matter if I haven’t been on the ambulance. I called my system and they claim Chicago won’t hire me because I have no system. But I find it hard to believe that having a EMT license would prevent me from getting on the city. Thanks guys it’s a huge weight off my back.

Comment

I have my State License not my National but it’s in Illinois. I think I get the point it doesn’t matter if I haven’t been on the ambulance. I called my system and they claim Chicago won’t hire me because I have no system. But I find it hard to believe that having a EMT license would prevent me from getting on the city. Thanks guys it’s a huge weight off my back.
                                No it won’t prevent you. It gives you the upper hand that you have already gone through EMT so you can help other classmates out. Yeah don’t stress it!! You are good!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X