Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

Have you checked to make sure your email on the Chicago portal is correct and up to date? Checked junk/spam email folder?
    Ive checked it so many times just to make sure lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrenaline54 View Post

Ive checked it so many times just to make sure lol.
      LOL I figured! Just be patient. I know that’s easier said then done but they will get to you. If they said you are on there then don’t sweat it. I sent you a pm

Comment

• Originally posted by jws323323 View Post

Yes, also a tad concerned my number isn't on the FOIA requests list even though being around 3400 non pref it should be...
        I sent you a pm

Comment

• For anyone waiting close to my #. Non-preference 33xx. I called HR back in June and was told that they were close to my # but not there yet. So I decided to call again, this time (after pushing to talk to someone) I got a call back from a very rude lady in HR that said I got an invite back in March and was a no show!!! I was absolutely shocked because once I found out I was in the 7 the referral I checked my email and spam religiously and find it hard to believe i missed it. I don't think they actually sent me one and there is no way to prove it, plus back in June I was told they weren't at my #. The lady said to go email HR to request a waiver, print it out and mail it in (I'm out of state) and I might get put on the 8th referral. I've emailed and haven't received the waiver yet. I feel like a lot of ppl might be in the same boat as me, almost 70% no shows for the last 1500-1600 invited for the best job in the world; doesn't sound right to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amp401 View Post
            For anyone waiting close to my #. Non-preference 33xx. I called HR back in June and was told that they were close to my # but not there yet. So I decided to call again, this time (after pushing to talk to someone) I got a call back from a very rude lady in HR that said I got an invite back in March and was a no show!!! I was absolutely shocked because once I found out I was in the 7 the referral I checked my email and spam religiously and find it hard to believe i missed it. I don't think they actually sent me one and there is no way to prove it, plus back in June I was told they weren't at my #. The lady said to go email HR to request a waiver, print it out and mail it in (I'm out of state) and I might get put on the 8th referral. I've emailed and haven't received the waiver yet. I feel like a lot of ppl might be in the same boat as me, almost 70% no shows for the last 1500-1600 invited for the best job in the world; doesn't sound right to me.
            If you need a waiver form, I’ll send you one. It’s worth a try

Comment

• Originally posted by Amp401 View Post
              For anyone waiting close to my #. Non-preference 33xx. I called HR back in June and was told that they were close to my # but not there yet. So I decided to call again, this time (after pushing to talk to someone) I got a call back from a very rude lady in HR that said I got an invite back in March and was a no show!!! I was absolutely shocked because once I found out I was in the 7 the referral I checked my email and spam religiously and find it hard to believe i missed it. I don't think they actually sent me one and there is no way to prove it, plus back in June I was told they weren't at my #. The lady said to go email HR to request a waiver, print it out and mail it in (I'm out of state) and I might get put on the 8th referral. I've emailed and haven't received the waiver yet. I feel like a lot of ppl might be in the same boat as me, almost 70% no shows for the last 1500-1600 invited for the best job in the world; doesn't sound right to me.
              That sucks, I feel like I am in the same boat at 3400 non pref. I called today and they said they have not reached my number yet, but who the hell knows. Checking my email/spam everyday.

Comment

• Can anyone recommend a covid test center that accepts insurance? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by CFDlegacy2013 View Post
                  Can anyone recommend a covid test center that accepts insurance? Thanks
                  Did you get an email for this?

Comment

• Everyone in the 7th referral get on 2nd battalion CFD Facebook page and fill out the survey Chief made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nt77 View Post

Did you get an email for this?
                      Yes, if anyone knows where you can make an appointment for a rapid test in the city that would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by hcc2323 View Post
                        Yes, if anyone knows where you can make an appointment for a rapid test in the city that would be great.
                        Yeah and of the physicians immediate care locations do the rapid test.

Comment

• Originally posted by hcc2323 View Post

What day did you process?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nt77 View Post

What day did you process?
                            3/6. Finished background 6/30.

Looks like tons of places are experiencing week long delays with rapid test results or not offering them at all. Sheesh.

Comment

• My background was started on July 2nd. Still havent heard about a medical, and none of my references have been contacted. Should I contact my background investigator asking about an update? I have his email. Just not sure if I should bother them or just wait

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy1089 View Post
                                My background was started on July 2nd. Still havent heard about a medical, and none of my references have been contacted. Should I contact my background investigator asking about an update? I have his email. Just not sure if I should bother them or just wait
                                My BI told me when he called initially to feel free to call or email him with any questions so I'd say worth a shot.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X