No announcement yet.

Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed med on 22 June. Have not heard from anyone since then. Strange to think that I might not hear of anything again for another 3 months if so. On the plus side I get to see how things play out for this class ahead of me in these Covid times Good luck to all

Comment

• Yeah im in the same boat med June 22 have not heard anything since

Comment

• For those of us partially processed (through initial or through BI and assuming a good medical), should we have any worry of not getting a shot at an academy date? Would they for any reason scrap this list - including people processing - and have a new test? Might be a ridiculous worry but that’s what the unpredictability of all this seems to do

Comment

• Originally posted by hcc2323 View Post
          For those of us partially processed (through initial or through BI and assuming a good medical), should we have any worry of not getting a shot at an academy date? Would they for any reason scrap this list - including people processing - and have a new test? Might be a ridiculous worry but that’s what the unpredictability of all this seems to do
          I’ll start by saying I am still waiting for my number to get called, so this is only my thoughts. But it seems like a poor choice to scrap a list right now. In order to have a new candidate pool they would need to hold another test, which would require thousands of people come together to take an exam. Given the fact you cant even have 10 people in a room at once right now, I do not see that being an option. But hey maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I don’t see how this would be a feasible option.

Comment

• Originally posted by hcc2323 View Post
            For those of us partially processed (through initial or through BI and assuming a good medical), should we have any worry of not getting a shot at an academy date? Would they for any reason scrap this list - including people processing - and have a new test? Might be a ridiculous worry but that’s what the unpredictability of all this seems to do
            It’s not a feasible option. They will continue with this list. Just like when we tested in 14 they were still pulling off the prior list for I believe about a year or so after we tested into 15 or even possibly 16. Also like stated above with everything going on now and group gatherings, I could not see them even trying to make another test until the end of next year at the very earliest

Comment

• Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

It’s not a feasible option. They will continue with this list. Just like when we tested in 14 they were still pulling off the prior list for I believe about a year or so after we tested into 15 or even possibly 16. Also like stated above with everything going on now and group gatherings, I could not see them even trying to make another test until the end of next year at the very earliest
              You’re right, even if they announced a test tomorrow it wouldn’t happen for several months. Then it’ll take atleast 4 months to give results (judging from 2014). Then after that, it’ll be years before a class is hired of the new list. All the while, classes will be made from the old list.

However, those of you through the process should make sure all requested information is given to CFD and your CPAT is completed asap. You don’t want to have any delay in the event a hiring freeze happens, which hasn’t been discussed but could definitely happen

Comment

• Anyone from the most recent academy start date(July 22nd) still on the forum? Did the class actually start? If so, hoe many candidates? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD2015 View Post
                  Anyone from the most recent academy start date(July 22nd) still on the forum? Did the class actually start? If so, hoe many candidates? Any info is greatly appreciated!
                  They started. Had 99 ppl the first day and called in the 100th guy he came in half way through the first day. Full class of 100

Comment

• Probably won’t hear anything new till September-ish

Comment

• Yea that’s what I was expecting or maybe late April for medical.

Comment

• I’d guess the next class won’t start in the middle of a pay period like this one did. So November 2nd is my guess for the next class. Don’t quote me on it. Not a rumor. Just an educated guess.

Comment

• Any idea when they’ll start reaching out to the remaining 200 people in this 7th referral?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrenaline54 View Post
                            Any idea when they’ll start reaching out to the remaining 200 people in this 7th referral?
                            I think there is more than 200 waiting for the email in the referral.
                            im 3600s no preference

Comment

• Originally posted by Dsjr1215 View Post

I think there is more than 200 waiting for the email in the referral.
                              im 3600s no preference
                              Here is the breakdown from second battalions page. Roughly 200 left from this referral
                              Attached Files

Comment

• When you guy say 200 are left from the 7th referral, are you referencing the people that have already been called and had their background checks done?

or people that haven’t even been called for initial processing?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X