Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sub1234 View Post
    Does that mean that Monday, June 10 could potentially be the next academy start date?
    As of last Thursday they told us they are expecting mid June. Knowing that they start academies on the start of pay periods, I?m certain that if all goes accordingly that would be on the 17th.

As for for people who just got invited to Med process, I think there?s still a chance for y?all to get in the June class. Statistically, there?s always that small percentage of people who waive their seats or fail medical or simply didn?t take the CPAT notice seriously.

Comment

• ALSO WORD OF ADVICE TO THOSE GOING TO MEDICAL THIS WEEK.

The medical reporting is going over paperwork needed by the concentra medical clinic that you have to have filled out before you go for your stress test and exam. The medical reporting at the HR facility is not the medical exam/stress test. It?s simply to get the paperwork and to schedule your appointment.

That being said, just as everything in this processing first come first served. The sooner you go to your exam, the sooner they send it back to the CFD physician. The sooner he gets hands on your report, the sooner he can clear you, and the sooner he sends it back to HR with clearance.

The sooner HR gets your clearance, the sooner they put you in whatever seats are still available.

So my advice, try to get the soonest appointment HR offers you. They literally just write down the available dates on a white board and candidates just go up and select what they want.

Want to guess how they decide what order candidates go up and select their appointments?

IN THE ORDER THAT CANDIDATES ARRIVED TO THE MEDICAL PROCESSING REPORT.

So, want to up your chances of getting on a seat ASAP?

Get there as early as you can so you can select the soonest Appointment.

and again, please please please dress like you want to be there.

Reporting means Business attire!!

Hope this helps,

Last edited by ThatguyFF-P; 05-15-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• 683 Non preference, processed in Aug /18 ..BI at my house September/18 BI turned in paperwork Oct-4-18... went and talk to HR today was told I'm still in the "background" status wouldn't give further clarification any ideas ? Anyone in the same boat from Aug/2018 ? Waiting for Medical ?
        Last edited by matt1986; 05-15-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• June 17 is set

Comment

• Originally posted by engine85 View Post
            June 17 is set
            Engine 85 do you think another academy class, after June, is feasible for this year? Also any word on a potential 5th referral emails to be sent? Thank you

Comment

• Anybody from Aug 2018 waiting for Medical ?

Comment

• Originally posted by matt1986 View Post
                Anybody from Aug 2018 waiting for Medical ?
                I processed during August to and didn?t hear anything for a long time. I just started calling them weekly and started pushing the point. I recently just did my medical

Comment

• Chisox1 appreciate it .. I agree I went today talked with HR usual political answer .. going to take your approach and stay on them.
                  Last edited by matt1986; 05-15-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• We are hearing middle of June at the academy for the next start date. That would either be the 15th or 17th. Our class started on a Friday so the 15th is possible. We are moving over to the Quin at the beginning of June. Remember everything is always subject to change so just be ready if you think you will be in the next class.

Comment

• I think definitively there we be at least one more class after June, possibly September and maybe December also. The department was short 448 as on Jan2019, and projected another 177 short by the end on the year. 164 total in class this year so far, another 100 starting in June. Without more classes, over 350 short by end of the year. As far as the fifth referral? I think that may be in June. Good luck all.

Comment

• What dqs you from medical? Can you have asthma, if it?s controlled?

Comment

• Originally posted by matt1986 View Post
                          Chisox1 appreciate it .. I agree I went today talked with HR usual political answer .. going to take your approach and stay on them.
                          What is the best approach with this tactic? I believe that I may have to do the same but I have heard it's a very delicate process. Would hate to do anything that could jeopardize myself

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd-retired View Post

REMEMBER

More than half the people are not showing up for initial processing.

The list is over 4 years old. As time goes on even less will show.
                            i hurt some feelings when i asked who the investigators were because im coming from another city dept. i used to be an arson investigator out of town so i wanted to know who we were up against. some friends who are in their last few years on the job told me to hang back and watch because no one aside from HR really knows whats going to shake loose. i kept running in to guys who were in the 600's through our office so it gets confusing.
                            Last edited by Doomtrain; 05-15-2019, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireMedic1105 View Post

What is the best approach with this tactic? I believe that I may have to do the same but I have heard it's a very delicate process. Would hate to do anything that could jeopardize myself
                              I didn?t really have a specific approach. After my initial processing in August I just kept waiting. Once they started pushing out more referrals I figured I might as well start trying to do something about it. Once I started calling it seemed that within the next couple days I got contacted for the next step in the process. I just kept calling and asking if anything was missing and kept submitting any updated paperwork I had. I can?t say for sure but I know they are hurting for people and I submitted my CPAT and that seemed to help me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chisox1 View Post

I didn?t really have a specific approach. After my initial processing in August I just kept waiting. Once they started pushing out more referrals I figured I might as well start trying to do something about it. Once I started calling it seemed that within the next couple days I got contacted for the next step in the process. I just kept calling and asking if anything was missing and kept submitting any updated paperwork I had. I can?t say for sure but I know they are hurting for people and I submitted my CPAT and that seemed to help me out.
                                So I did something similar where i sent them my CPAT via email. They did not respond at all until I emailed them again and mentioned that I have not heard anything since the intial processing. They did get back to me the next day. What # are you calling? Should I call and ask what the story is or just make up some reason for them to look at my file to confirm info?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X