No announcement yet.

Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest rumor is july 16th held to august,new budget coming out but head of cfd academy doesnt see a problem with staying on course but they are now having lieutenants and chiefs orals aug 17 th so that might have something to do with a delay

Comment

• Anyone hear back from medical again recently?
      (other than goingtothemoon & backdraft)

Comment

• Originally posted by rybs1111 View Post
        latest rumor is july 16th held to august,new budget coming out but head of cfd academy doesnt see a problem with staying on course but they are now having lieutenants and chiefs orals aug 17 th so that might have something to do with a delay
        Thanks for sharing the info. You hear any truth to the rumor that they may push classes to next year? CFD 2nd battalion posted they heard that last night

Comment

• Originally posted by rybs1111 View Post
          latest rumor is july 16th held to august,new budget coming out but head of cfd academy doesnt see a problem with staying on course but they are now having lieutenants and chiefs orals aug 17 th so that might have something to do with a delay
          Well I’m doing my medical this Monday I was originally supposed to do last Friday the 26th but got admitted to the hospital due to my appendix worst timing ever. I know I’m going to have to defer this class in the summer. I’m very curious when the next class will be after the summer. I heard CFD needs to what promote like 100 lieutenants so that opens firefighter spots right and depending on how many guys retire this year as well. All we could do is pray that the city gets more money some way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob1738 View Post

Well I’m doing my medical this Monday I was originally supposed to do last Friday the 26th but got admitted to the hospital due to my appendix worst timing ever. I know I’m going to have to defer this class in the summer. I’m very curious when the next class will be after the summer. I heard CFD needs to what promote like 100 lieutenants so that opens firefighter spots right and depending on how many guys retire this year as well. All we could do is pray that the city gets more money some way.
            That is brutal man. Best of luck to you

Comment

When did you process and what day did you do you Home visit ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post

When did you process and what day did you do you Home visit ?
                I processed and November 13th -16th or one of those dates I forget. Background call me in December and did a home check in on the first or 2nd week of January. I was cleared and went to the medical scheduling in February. Got called last week to do Final Medical.

Comment

• Originally posted by hcc2323 View Post

Thanks for sharing the info. You hear any truth to the rumor that they may push classes to next year? CFD 2nd battalion posted they heard that last night
                  again its a rumor and I or the guys I know that are instructors down there now heard the same thing that it will be pushed back til august but they can aee them pushing it back til next year, but again its rumor

Comment

you are right on your numbers but no matter how many they promote theres usually between 150 and 200 guys retire every year,weve been working every other daily day for 2 years,so its up to the city if they want to hire or keep paying us 1000$ for a 24 hour shiftl

Comment

• July 16 is the word around the academy for now. waiting on mayors office

Comment

• I really hope they have other class in the fall. I don’t like getting political but it would definitely help if congress improves state bailouts in the next stimulus bill. Better chance the city could get more money for fire.

Comment

• If CFD started up a class for the academy and it got shut down due to covid, would the people in the academy continue to be on the payroll or would everyone be out of work?

Comment

• Up to the Chief, might suspend, might e-learn, might keep going but have you separated in smaller groups

Comment

• Originally posted by Candidate162x View Post

My 2 cents: go to the academy and plead your case in person ASAP. Know your lottery number and bring your CPAT card with you so they know you have it. Just a recommendation, hope it goes well!
                              Thank you for the recommendation! I’m going to email tonight and if no answer I will stop by the academy asap. I am in contact with multiple people that were in my orientation that are through the academy and in a house working so I know something is up. I am just not sure what. Good luck to everybody also waiting on a call/email!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post

There are a lot of factors involved. People may turn it down, age out, not be medically viable, not be able to get a cpat or not be able to pass the background. I don’t think they set a date for the next test yet. They currently have 370ish ppl from the last referral and some left over from the 6th referral. Not all those people will end up being in a class. But if they have been doing 4 classes a year with roughly 100 ppl each class that’s about 400 candidates a year. I think this 7th referral is @#3700 which means you have a good amount of people before they get anywhere near 10000
                                Anddd at least one from the 4th referral. I do think they will get close to that number, but the question for those people is, if you do initial orientation are you grandfathered in even if, say they ran a written test the next weekend?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X