Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrenaline54 View Post

Who did you contact?Email or phone? Im a Vet and still havent been contacted. Was told I was added to the referral, so I believe I may be at the bottom of this 7th referral. But would like to contact someone to confirm.
    Contact HR. Make sure that you are showing as a vet. They were not showing me as a vet and I had to resend my DD214.
    Attached Files

Comment

Who did you contact?Email or phone? Im a Vet and still havent been contacted. Was told I was added to the referral, so I believe I may be at the bottom of this 7th referral. But would like to contact someone to confirm.
      I called the # posted by firedawg which was a recorded message that said to email HR. I emailed the address given and they responded with a different # for HR (312)-746-6920; was able to talk to someone right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amp401 View Post

I called the # posted by firedawg which was a recorded message that said to email HR. I emailed the address given and they responded with a different # for HR (312)-746-6920; was able to talk to someone right away.
        Appreciate the information. I called today and had to leave a voicemail. Hopefully they get back here soon!

Comment

• Hey guys. I did my initial orientation 3/12/19. Never contacted by BI until 3/12/20. Was never called for follow up. I called about 6-7 weeks later. My BI told me he passed my stuff on to His supervisor and would then go to HR and HR would be in contact. I completed another CPAT 4 weeks ago (since mine expired) and sent it in. No confirmation email back. Now another class is about to start and I feel left in the dust and pretty upset. Any advice here guys? Every time I call I get nowhere. Every time I email I get no response. And now it looks like I’m going to miss another class.

Comment

• Originally posted by AsYouAre2019 View Post
            Hey guys. I did my initial orientation 3/12/19. Never contacted by BI until 3/12/20. Was never called for follow up. I called about 6-7 weeks later. My BI told me he passed my stuff on to His supervisor and would then go to HR and HR would be in contact. I completed another CPAT 4 weeks ago (since mine expired) and sent it in. No confirmation email back. Now another class is about to start and I feel left in the dust and pretty upset. Any advice here guys? Every time I call I get nowhere. Every time I email I get no response. And now it looks like I’m going to miss another class.
            My 2 cents: go to the academy and plead your case in person ASAP. Know your lottery number and bring your CPAT card with you so they know you have it. Just a recommendation, hope it goes well!

Comment

• Second Battalion CFD Facebook page just commented “just heard July is on hold.” Anyone hear anything else?

Comment

• Originally posted by hcc2323 View Post
                Second Battalion CFD Facebook page just commented “just heard July is on hold.” Anyone hear anything else?
                August 15th both EMT and Fire will be empty. If they wait till then they can fill both sides. If they do it July they gotta wait till October to bring in more people

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post

August 15th both EMT and Fire will be empty. If they wait till then they can fill both sides. If they do it July they gotta wait till October to bring in more people
                  So they would split up one side to start on ems and the other class to start on the fire side?

Comment

• Actually I guess they need to do EMS side first so nvm on that

Comment

• Do you need to complete a ladder climb with your CPAT?

Comment

Do you need to complete a ladder climb with your CPAT?
                        CFD does not require the ladder climb but most CPAT facilities have you do it anyways

Comment

• Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

CFD does not require the ladder climb but most CPAT facilities have you do it anyways
                          Appreciate the info. I’m doing my CPAT out of state and I don’t think the facility offers it, atleast it has yet to be mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nt77 View Post
                            So they would split up one side to start on ems and the other class to start on the fire side?
                            Filling both sides would be beneficial to the department for manpower but I doubt they would do that

Comment

• Originally posted by Amp401 View Post

Again, appreciate the information. I got ahold of them today and they confirmed I was on the 7th referral and have not been contacted yet. So gives hope to the rest of you who are expecting an email and have not yet gotten it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firedawg1983 View Post

Filling both sides would be beneficial to the department for manpower but I doubt they would do that
                                Also if they’ve only processed 60 guys fully so far, filling an extra 140 would take forever. Please update this post if anyone hears anything!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X