Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post
    I’d guess that If you haven’t done your medical you won’t be making the July 15th class. You need to do a covid test which takes a few days then medical and final processing. I don’t see that all happening in the next 2 weeks
    Situation:

I scheduled my medical in 02-2020. Sometime in May the CFD Medical division followed up with me requesting blood work and a MD note stating that I am fit for the job. I turned that paperwork in a little over a week ago, and have not heard back since. Also, I have not been asked to get a COVID test done.

Question:

Does the fact that I had not been asked to perform a COVID test mean that I am still “not ready” for the academy this coming July? Anyone have an opinion? Much appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by Candidate162x View Post

Situation:

I scheduled my medical in 02-2020. Sometime in May the CFD Medical division followed up with me requesting blood work and a MD note stating that I am fit for the job. I turned that paperwork in a little over a week ago, and have not heard back since. Also, I have not been asked to get a COVID test done.

Question:

Does the fact that I had not been asked to perform a COVID test mean that I am still “not ready” for the academy this coming July? Anyone have an opinion? Much appreciated!
      I think they just make you do the Covid test for the medical. Not for the academy. But I could be wrong

Comment

• Received a call for a medical fallow up at Clinton, is this good or bad? Is it for sure an indication of a red flag or could it be something else??

Comment

• Originally posted by GoingToThe_Moon View Post
          Received a call for a medical fallow up at Clinton, is this good or bad? Is it for sure an indication of a red flag or could it be something else??
          It may be a medical issue they need you to clear up, and if I were you I would call my primary care doctor and set an appointment immediately, sometime after the CFD appointment. I would do so just in case they need your doctor to approve some medical issue. When I had to get a blood test and a doctors note from my personal doctor, CFD called me versus your situation. Good luck, hope this helps.

Comment

Received a call for a medical fallow up at Clinton, is this good or bad? Is it for sure an indication of a red flag or could it be something else??
            When did you go to concentra?
            Also was it Dr. Wong or someone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Firerock42 View Post
              When did you go to concentra?
              Also was it Dr. Wong or someone else?
              I went to consentra on June 12, it wasn’t Dr. Wong it was someone named Myra. Scheduled a fallow up in room #200 and told to dress in business attire.

Comment

I went to consentra on June 12, it wasn’t Dr. Wong it was someone named Myra. Scheduled a fallow up in room #200 and told to dress in business attire.
                Cool man good luck and thanks for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by Reulerules5 View Post

Roughly 60 people have been sent to medical from the March processing.
                  where did you get this number from. Just wondering if there’s gonna be another batch of medicals before this class

Comment

where did you get this number from. Just wondering if there’s gonna be another batch of medicals before this class
                    There are also Medical’s from Nov waiting to class up.

Comment

A very very solid source

Comment

• Processed on march 25th. Haven’t heard from my bi yet so I think it’s safe to say I won’t make the July class. Would the next class after that be in 6 months?

Comment

• There may be some discrepancies; I'm #33xx Non preference and I thought I was passed over when I heard there was only 225 left in the 7th referral. I was told by HR that they are close to my number but not there yet, so it seems that there is still more than 225 left in the 7th referral. Unless that many people maxed out on the age requirements. For those still waiting for initial processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nt77 View Post
                            Processed on march 25th. Haven’t heard from my bi yet so I think it’s safe to say I won’t make the July class. Would the next class after that be in 6 months?
                            No, it’ll be 3 months. By the time the July class is at the Quinn in October, another can start on the EMS side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amp401 View Post

There may be some discrepancies; I'm #33xx Non preference and I thought I was passed over when I heard there was only 225 left in the 7th referral. I was told by HR that they are close to my number but not there yet, so it seems that there is still more than 225 left in the 7th referral. Unless that many people maxed out on the age requirements. For those still waiting for initial processing.
                              I’m up at #36xx non preference. They mention when there would be emails going out for these last bunch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Amp401 View Post

There may be some discrepancies; I'm #33xx Non preference and I thought I was passed over when I heard there was only 225 left in the 7th referral. I was told by HR that they are close to my number but not there yet, so it seems that there is still more than 225 left in the 7th referral. Unless that many people maxed out on the age requirements. For those still waiting for initial processing.
                                Who did you contact?Email or phone? Im a Vet and still havent been contacted. Was told I was added to the referral, so I believe I may be at the bottom of this 7th referral. But would like to contact someone to confirm.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X