Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Medical Processing 02/2020:

Recently I had turned in a doctor’s note from my primary care provider stating that I am fit for the job. This task was ordered, along with blood work, by the CFD Medical division.

Question:

Does anyone know if I should expect follow-up correspondence and/or a physical examination after this requirement had been completed?

Thanks everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cpdfirehopeful View Post
      Does anyone know if I transfer over to fire from Cpd if I would remain on same pension tier? Thanks
      Yes, you’ll remain on the same tier when you cross over, however many years you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Candidate162x View Post
        Post-Medical Processing 02/2020:

Recently I had turned in a doctor’s note from my primary care provider stating that I am fit for the job. This task was ordered, along with blood work, by the CFD Medical division.

Question:

Does anyone know if I should expect follow-up correspondence and/or a physical examination after this requirement had been completed?

Thanks everyone!
        No, after you’ve met the requirements of the medical followup and turned everything in, you won’t hear anything until final processing emails are sent out.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD2015 View Post
          How do you know if you have passed or failed your background? How long does it take to be invited to medical after background?
          If you haven't received any followup from a BI concerning your background, then that’s the best indicator that everything has gone well.

The time period between the background and medical just depends on how many they need to process for a class, and where you are amongst all the other candidates who are awaiting medical signup emails. Their medical signup dates typically have 75-100 people and are spread out over several days

Comment

• Originally posted by A3887 View Post
            According to that Second Battalion Facebook page it looks like 300 people are currently being processed and that there are about 225 people left from this referral who still need to be called. It also looks like a large number of people aren’t showing up. If you are in this referral and have been waiting to hear something like myself this may be good news.
            #32xx Non Preference, anyone close this number receive an email? If there is only 225 people left for this seventh referral have I been passed over?

Comment

Post-Medical Processing 02/2020:

Question:

Thanks everyone!
              im in the same boat. Med in Feb, turned in paperwork from follow up with Dr. Wong stating I’m good to go. Waiting for that final now. Fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally posted by Amp401 View Post

#32xx Non Preference, anyone close this number receive an email? If there is only 225 people left for this seventh referral have I been passed over?
                I am around 3400. and I have not seen an email yet...Isn't non pref supposed to run up to 3600 for the 7th referral? Not sure on the math for these numbers.

Comment

• Just got my BI call, 227X no pref, processed 3/6. Is speculation still that next class starts mid july or august? I know its no sure thing i get in that one even assuming BI and medicals go well but just trying kind of gauge a timeline

Comment

• Originally posted by jws323323 View Post

I am around 3400. and I have not seen an email yet...Isn't non pref supposed to run up to 3600 for the 7th referral? Not sure on the math for these numbers.

Heard none pref going up to 3705 for 7th referral

Comment

• Does anyone here think that the CFD will make it to lottery number 10,000?

Comment

Does anyone here think that the CFD will make it to lottery number 10,000?
                        There are a lot of factors involved. People may turn it down, age out, not be medically viable, not be able to get a cpat or not be able to pass the background. I don’t think they set a date for the next test yet. They currently have 370ish ppl from the last referral and some left over from the 6th referral. Not all those people will end up being in a class. But if they have been doing 4 classes a year with roughly 100 ppl each class that’s about 400 candidates a year. I think this 7th referral is @#3700 which means you have a good amount of people before they get anywhere near 10000

Comment

• Is no news considered good news in regards to the medical? Will they contact you if something showed up as a red flag and if so does anyone have a timeframe?

Comment

• Originally posted by FIRE20XX View Post
                            Is no news considered good news in regards to the medical? Will they contact you if something showed up as a red flag and if so does anyone have a timeframe?
                            I think so, we’re on the same boat

Comment

• Originally posted by FIRE20XX View Post
                              Is no news considered good news in regards to the medical? Will they contact you if something showed up as a red flag and if so does anyone have a timeframe?
                              Yes, no news is good news.

And yes, they’ll contact you within 2-3 weeks after the medical if there’s a red flag

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD98765 View Post

Yes, no news is good news.

And yes, they’ll contact you within 2-3 weeks after the medical if there’s a red flag
                                Just got the call to schedule follow up on medical with CFD. Make sure your primary care doctors are open and have availability in the upcoming weeks. Even schedule one preemptively if you can swing. Easier to cancel an appt then schedule one right now.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X